H.S. lacrosse roundup: NFA boys hold off Stonington 13-11
Stonington — Logan Jenkins had three goals and an assist as Norwich Free Academy led at the half and later held off Stonington 13-11 in a boys' lacrosse game on Tuesday.
Thomas Brunelli and Quinn Perkins each had two goals and two assists, Nolan Brown had three goals and Anthony Ballestrini scored twice for the Wildcats (5-4), which led 9-5 at halftime. Conor Gaughan added a goal and an assist and Sam Sweeney made 14 saves.
Cameron Elenteny had five goals and one assist for the Bears (5-4) while Tyler Simao added two goals and two assists and Ethan Mahoney scored two goals.
In other games:
• Nick Cox scored seven goals and added two assists, lifting Old Lyme past Morgan 16-9 in the Shoreline Conference. Masson Bussman had four goals while Macklin Cushman added two and Brendan O’Brien had one goal and two assists for the Wildcats (3-6, 3-4).
• Goalies Mason Gallo and Spencer Sherman combined for five saves in East Lyme’s 19-0 shutout of Windsor. Sean McCusker had five goals and two assists while Drew Sager had four goals and two assists and Jack Keating, Reagan Pierce and Anthony Gesino each added two goals and an assist for the Vikings (7-4).
• Cam Riley, Charles Niles and Will Sluggett each chipped in three goals and an assist in St. Bernard/Wheeler’s 16-2 victory over Capitol Prep. Kalvin Zachhuber had three goals, Marc Sauchuk two goals and an assist and Jackson Brenek three assists for the Saints (3-5).
• Molly Page fired in six goals and added an assist, as NFA avenged an early-season loss with a 17-4 win over Montville. Lauren Friedrich had five goals and two assists and Alice Rourke four goals and two assists while Hayleigh Young and Leah Burchman each notched a goal for the Wildcats (3-7). Grace Sanford had two goals for Montville (5-6).
• Helena Robinson scored six goals in Ledyard's 13-2 victory over Griswold. Maddie McLeod had four goals and Jessica English had two while Brooke Beckwith and Olivia Storz each scored one for the Colonels (4-6). Emily Aviles and Kuranda Ruggiero scored for the Wolverines (2-8).
• Joely Stella had four goals and two assists while Sarah Newton had four goals and one assist, powering Bacon Academy past Woodstock, 15-7. Maddox Burton scored three goals while Skylar Gustavsen had two goals and four assists and Katie Graham added two goals for the Bobcats (7-4).
• Wheeler/Grasso Tech beat New London 10-5 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division III game. Katelyn Melinosky scored six goals while Naomi Boord, Grace Cassata, Katie Pierce and Stella Mastroianni each added one for Wheeler (2-3, 2-2). Nadya Murphy had three goals and Malahika Paulo two for the Whalers (0-8, 0-5).
• Sydney Goulding had two goals and an assist and Ella Curtiss-Reardon scored twice for Old Lyme in a 9-6 Shoreline Conference loss to Morgan. Emily Mesham and Caroline Crolius added goals for the Wildcats (3-7, 2-5).
• Williams School, tied 9-9 at the half, outscored Harvey 6-0 in the second half for a 15-9 HVAL win on Monday as goalie Maria Angelini made 12 saves. Lucy Fader had five goals and three assists for the Blues (5-4, 4-2) while Ally Iacobellis and Skylar Frost added four goals apiece, Amaya Butler had a goal and seven ground balls, Marlee Anselmi had a goal and an assist and Paige Iacobellis had an assist.