Mystic half-marathon, 10k runs to cause delays, detours Sunday morning
Mystic — Drivers should expect delays and detours Sunday during the running of the Hartford HealthCare Mystic Half Marathon and 10K runs, police said Friday.
Nearly 2,000 people are expected to participate in the runs, which benefit the charitable works of the Rotary Club of Mystic. The runs take place on roads in Stonington and Groton. Drivers are urged to use caution.
Delays are expected at the following times:
- Coogan Boulevard (Greenmanville Road/Route 27 to Clara Drive), 6:45 to 7:10 a.m.
- Coogan Boulevard (Maritime Drive to Jerry Browne Road), 6:55 to 10 a.m.
- Greenmanville Road/Route 27 (Coogan Boulevard to Holmes Street), Holmes Street, 6:55 to 7:20 a.m.
- Route 1 (Holmes Street to Pearl Street), Pearl Street, 7 to 7:30 a.m.
- Grove Avenue, River Road, 7:10 to 8:10 a.m.
- Route 27 (River Road to Jerry Browne Road), alternating one-way traffic, 7:20 to 8:25 a.m.
- Jerry Browne Road (Route 27 to Mistuxet Avenue), Mistuxet Avenue, 7:30 to 10 a.m.
- Pellegrino Road, Deans Mill Road, Pequot Trail (Deans Mill Road to Flanders Road), Flanders Road, 7:40 to 10 a.m.
Stories that may interest you
Shots will be available for all ages, as approved by the CDC, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Ocean Beach.
Speakers will include Mayor Michael Passero, OutCT board members and City Council members.
When Suzanne Elliot worked at the library years ago managing exhibits, among other responsibilities, she always envisioned one day holding her own exhibit there.
Horns were blared and truck engines were gunned as motorists passed by more than a dozen Republicans rallying at Flanders Four Corners for tax cuts amid rising prices.