H.S. lacrosse: Stonington boys win 18-14 shootout against Old Lyme
Old Lyme — Ben Massengale had a nine-point game (3 goals, 6 assists) as Stonington outlasted Old Lyme 18-14 in a non-league boys' lacrosse game on Saturday.
Tyler Simao added four goals and four assists for the Bears (9-5) while Nate Huyhn had four goals, Cameron Elenteny three goals and an assist, Jake Flynn two goals and an assist, and Ethan Mahoney won 23 faceoffs.
Nick Cox had six goals and three assists for the Wildcats (6-7) while Masson Bussman scored three goals, Macklin Cushman two and Brendan O'Brien had a goal and two assists.
In other matches:
• Farmington improved to 8-5 with a 15-6 non-league win over Norwich Free Academy. Nolan Brown had three goals and an assist to lead the Wildcats (7-7) while Anthony Ballestrini added two goals and one assist, Connor DeVega scored a goal and Quinn Perkins had two assists.
• Norwich Tech/Windham Tech pulled out a dramatic 8-7 overtime win over Montville on Friday, getting the tying goal by Josh Lodyko with 10 seconds remaining in regulation and winning it on a goal by Dylan Relaz in OT. Demetri Ryan finished with four goals and three assists for the Warriors (6-7) while Relaz had three goals and two assists. Montville is 1-12.
• Sydney Sager, Lily Poletto, Meredith Healy and Dani Bruno scored three goals apiece as East Lyme rolled to an 18-5 win over Waterford. Poletto, Bruno and Healy also had assists for the Vikings (10-4) while Meg Nagle and Abbie Belleville each scored twice and Greta Schwartz had three assists. Emily Gates scored four goals for the Lancer (9-5) while Katie Jamroga added a goal and Victoria Sturm had an assist.
• Lily Cody had five goals and one assists as Old Saybrook improved to 12-1 with a 13-7 non-league win over Ledyard. Maddie McLeod scored five goals for the Colonels (5-9) while Jessica English and Delaney Gortner each scored once.
• Killingly defeated Montville 18-12, despite six goals and an assist from Lily Tomczik, Lily May added two goals for Montville (6-8).