Jobs at The Day
Customer Service Call Center Representative
This is a part time, (24-26 hours per week) position with the opportunity for additional hours to cover departmental need that may arise. We are looking for a flexible team player with customer service and data entry skills. Responsibilities include servicing and handling customer inquiries, requests and concerns by phone or the web, while inputting data and updating customer account information; maintaining continued contact with customers to help resolve customer service issues. No cold calling telemarketing involved.
Breaking News Reporter
- Start their shift by 6 a.m. to cover and post breaking news.
- Shoot and post breaking news videos.
- Develop long-range stories off the cops and fire beat.
- Edit and post breaking news from other reporters and the wire.
- Understand the workings of our website and post articles, videos, photos and move content around.
- Promote our content through social media.Be a key member of our online team.
- Three or more years of reporting experience.
- Comfortable with social media.
- Well versed in online programs.
- Must have solid news judgment.
- Must be a self-starter but also work well as part of a team.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
The Day, an award-winning, forward-thinking daily in eastern Connecticut, is looking for an enterprising reporter to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a young reporter to find their voice and develop their journalistic skills. We’re looking for a writer who values storytelling. This person will cover two towns and would be expected to produce a mix of hard news, investigations and features. The Day has a digital-first newsroom so the ideal candidate will be web savvy and a frequent social media user.
Send resumes and samples of you work to: Humanresources@theday.com
This full-time position is responsible for developing and selling the complete compliment of Day products including print, digital, contests and promotions; providing information to advertisers in a consultative manner; creating effective, professional sales presentations; and creating strong relationships with the local community.
Strong knowledge of print and online media and sales experience in online, print, broadcast, cable or radio a plus.
Must be comfortable with cold-calling to develop new business. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple products in a deadline-driven environment. Must have a valid driver’s license and daily access to an automobile.
A competitive compensation package is available including an established book of business, commission, and bonus opportunities! We also offer a full benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
If you want to be part of a talented team of individuals who are passionate about the work they do, we want to meet you.
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320