Jobs at The Day
Assistant Managing Editor for Audience Development
- Serve as a leader on our digital team and help us reach and engage new audiences on every platform.
- Work with newsroom staff to develop coverage strategies based on metrics and survey results.
- Work with marketing to develop and manage events.
- Meet regularly with marketing, digital services and advertising to develop and implement audience development strategy.
- Develop a social media strategy for all major stories/projects
- Manage all The Day’s social media accounts, making adjustments as necessary.
- Expand the Hearken model to other areas, and expand the reach of CuriousCT through promotion, events and partnerships.
- Work with GameDay team to develop audience goals and strategies.
- Pursue partnerships with community groups, including colleges, non-profits and libraries.
- Manage newsroom newsletters, including the creation of additional newsletters.
- Help grow our email database.
- With CRO, develop and be responsible for digital subscription growth.
- At least three years of experience in journalism and/or digital audience development.
- Must have solid news judgment.
- Must be an organized team player with the ability to meet goals.
- Knowledge of digital media trends.
- Proficiency in metrics, including Chartbeat, Metrics for News and Google Analytics.
- Comfortable with using Hearken and other such platforms.
- Passion for all things digital.
Sr. Web/WordPress Developer
The Senior Web Developer is responsible for high quality design, development, testing, and support of client websites, database, servers, and other technology resources. He/she is responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time and with a high degree of best practices.
- Design, build, test, and maintain websites, databases, APIs, and other technology resources
- Source, monitor, and maintain a collection of websites and applicationsPlay a key role in large, complex technical projects that achieve key business goals
- Ensure day-to-day tasks are performed correctly, following protocols and best practices
- Work with other team leaders to achieve project goals on time
- Inform senior leadership of new tech ideas, products, and approaches that could help the business grow and improve customer experiences
- Bachelor’s degree related to the field
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- Ability to code and program websites and web pages, including backend payment processing
- Experience building and adjusting WordPress websites
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technology issues
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical colleagues
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Skills in leading a small team to accomplish great outcomes a plus
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- Generates enthusiasm among team members.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
Customer Service Call Center Representative
This is a part time, (24-26 hours per week) position with the opportunity for additional hours to cover departmental need that may arise. We are looking for a flexible team player with customer service and data entry skills. Responsibilities include servicing and handling customer inquiries, requests and concerns by phone or the web, while inputting data and updating customer account information; maintaining continued contact with customers to help resolve customer service issues. No cold calling telemarketing involved.
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320