Jobs at The Day
This full-time position in the advertising services department is responsible for the layout and design of print and online advertisements as well as other materials. The successful candidate will work in a team environment with other designers, advertising account executives, and advertising managers to create designs and concepts using advertisers' specifications. You must have a solid knowledge of, and experience with, print and online ad production. The ability to multitask in a high-paced deadline driven environment is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as an open attitude for taking creative direction. Strong proficiency with the latest Adobe Creative Suite products is essential. Ability to troubleshoot production issues a plus.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design preferred, or completion of high school plus 1-2 years experience as a professional in the graphics design field. We offer a complete benefit package including a 401K.
Application Specialist / IT Support Technician
This position entails working alongside other Information Technology staff members to diagnose and resolve end-user issues and provide application and infrastructure support. Support issues may be related to PC, Mac or printer hardware; may be related to administration of various enterprise level systems including Adbooking, Ad Production using the Adobe suite of products, Financial systems, and Report Writing using a combination of Database and Crystal Report Methodologies. Will require some knowledge of MS Exchange, Active Directory, SQL Server 2000-2012, Kaspersky Antivirus, or other business-critical systems across The Day’s various divisions.
- 2 years professional experience with a strong knowledge of TCP/IP, and configuration, installation and troubleshooting of Windows 10 and Office365.
- 1+ year working with SQL+ to create custom reports/feeds in a variety of export formats including text delimited and xml formats. Crystal Reports experience a plus.
- Proven ability to document actions, processes and procedures. Must be able to prepare, coordinate and support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post-implementation support issues.
- Experience configuring, installing and supporting laptops, desktops, printers, scanners.
- 24x7 on call support and continuing education in relevant IT fields will be required.
- Certification in the field of computer science or information systems, or 2+ years in the Information Technology field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; keen attention to detail; proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
This full-time position is responsible for developing and selling the complete compliment of Day products including print, digital, contests and promotions; providing information to advertisers in a consultative manner; creating effective, professional sales presentations; and creating strong relationships with the local community.
Strong knowledge of print and online media and sales experience in online, print, broadcast, cable or radio a plus.
Must be comfortable with cold-calling to develop new business. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple products in a deadline-driven environment. Must have a valid driver’s license and daily access to an automobile.
A competitive compensation package is available including an established book of business, commission, and bonus opportunities! We also offer a full benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
If you want to be part of a talented team of individuals who are passionate about the work they do, we want to meet you.
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320