Jobs at The Day
Motor Route Driver
The Day is currently accepting applications for a motor route driver for the town of Westerly. A valid driver's license, a good driving record, proof of insurance, and a reliable vehicle is required. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. Excellent pay, early morning hours.
- Assist D2 management team by providing client support as necessary
- Answer department phone and direct calls to appropriate person, or assist clients as needed
- Manage the creative pipeline
- Keep track all expenses to appropriate categories
- Book all contracts into the system
- Coordinate all meetings both in/out of office
- Take meeting minutes at client meetings
- Proofs – assist with proofing ads, emailing and faxing proofs to customers, taking and submitting proof corrections
- Create and distribute insertion orders
- Perform other activities as necessary
- Full- time position
- The ability to provide excellent customer service, on the phone and in person
- The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Applicants should be self-starters that can take an assignment and follow it through to a successful completion
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, FutureProof, and data entry experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills - be able to set and reassess priorities in a changing environment
- Minimum 2-year college degree required
- Previous marketing or ad agency experience a plus
Compensation and complete benefits package including 401k
Social Media Marketing Coordinator
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator is responsible for delivering engaging social media content across multiple social media networks. This position will work both on internal projects as well as for external client related services.
- Build and execute social media strategies through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, html, etc) that builds meaningful connections and encourages audience growth as well as engagement
- Optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community and client requirements
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (sales, marketing, etc) to manage reputations, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Perform other related duties as needed by the company
- 1-2+ years social networking experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
- Exceptional skill in writing, rewriting, copyediting and proofreading
- Experience in photography, Photoshop, and graphics design a plus
- Must have experience with social media/blogs and be willing to produce examples of work
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment, while working independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in creating and editing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet Savvy
This full-time position is responsible for developing and selling the complete compliment of Day products including print, digital, contests and promotions; providing information to advertisers in a consultative manner; creating effective, professional sales presentations; and creating strong relationships with the local community.
Strong knowledge of print and online media and sales experience in online, print, broadcast, cable or radio a plus.
Must be comfortable with cold-calling to develop new business. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple products in a deadline-driven environment. Must have a valid driver’s license and daily access to an automobile.
A competitive compensation package is available including an established book of business, commission, and bonus opportunities! We also offer a full benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
If you want to be part of a talented team of individuals who are passionate about the work they do, we want to meet you.
Multiplatform Copy Editor
The Day, an award-winning small daily in New London, CT, seeks a multiplatform copy editor. Duties include, edit and paginate pages, including daily and advance; copy edit print and online content; enforce The Day's news policies and style; be trained to back up other designers and copy editors, which will include some night and weekend work; post online content and breaking news throughout the day; participate in the morning news meeting and help lay out a plan for that day's website; help plan daily and Sunday space needs for print. Qualifications required: Three years' journalism experience. Must have strong editing and page layout skills. Prior copy editing experience strongly desired. Photo editing a plus. Must be comfortable with evolving digital publishing technology. Must be willing to work nights and weekends, embrace multitasking and work as part of a team.
Customer Service Call Center Representative
This is a part time, parent friendly (15-20 hours per week) position with the opportunity for additional hours to cover departmental need that may arise. We are looking for a flexible team player with customer service and data entry skills. Responsibilities include servicing and handling customer inquiries, requests and concerns by phone or the web, while inputting data and updating customer account information; maintaining continued contact with customers to help resolve customer service issues. No cold calling telemarketing involved.
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O'Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320