High school roundup: Fitch rallies past NFA for victory in volleyball
Groton — Olivia Carney had 35 assists and Nora Ryan had 16 kills and 15 digs as Fitch rallied to edge Norwich Free Academy on Wednesday, 25-21, 23-25, 24-26, 25-19, 15-10, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I girls' volleyball match.
Aby Hagley had 12 digs for Fitch (3-2, 2-0) and Angelina Doak added 10 digs.
Kayley Ericson had 32 assists, 15 digs, seven kills and six aces, Elliana Jewell had 22 digs and 16 kills, and Danielle Tirocchi had 24 digs for the Wildcats (0-4, 0-2).
In other matches:
• Madison Bell had 17 digs and 14 aces as East Lyme downed Ledyard 25-4, 17-25, 25-11, 25-13 in an ECC Division I match. Sydney Iannantuono had 21 kills for East Lyme (4-1, 1-0) and Isabel Siciliano had 17 assists. Also, Lauren Imbriaco had five kills and five blocks. The Colonels are 4-2, 0-1.
• Riley Riewerts had nine aces and three kills as Norwich Tech swept Grasso Tech 25-7, 25-19, 25-17 in a Connecticut Technical Conference match. Courtney Michaud had six aces, five kills and a block for Norwich Tech (6-1, 2-0). Ahvyon Evans had eight digs and three aces for the Eagles and Abi Duverge had nine digs and four kills.
• Bacon Academy beat Montville 23-25, 25-11, 25-9, 25-23 in an ECC Division II match. Mackenzie Ullrich had eight assists, three kills and five digs, Greta Cook had four kills, Abby Diamantini had 12 digs and Savanna Perkins had three blocks for Montville (3-3, 0-1).
• Kayla Park had two goals for Norwich Free Academy in its 4-0 win over Ledyard in an ECC Division I game. Juliette Hogan and Cassidy White scored for the Wildcats (4-0, 3-0) and Natalie Dionne, MacKenzie Teper, Lauren Cloke and Courtney Cyr each had an assist. Delaney Gagnon had nine saves for the Colonels (3-2, 1-2).
• Mia Londregan scored all of St. Bernard’s goals in 3-0 win over Griswold in the ECC Division III. Sarah Forrester had two assists, Caroline Codner one assist, and Briana Beverly had eight saves for the Saints (3-0, 3-0). Calla Millovitsch had eight saves for the Wolverines.
• Morgan McNeil and Topaz Baker scored twice each as Grasso Tech beat Prince Tech 7-2 in a CTC game. Kelly Duarte, Angelina Ildefonso and Elisa Lebron had goals for the Eagles (1-3-1) and Cheyla Archer and Bailee Shinault made two saves each.
• Karlie Rowe scored a pair goals as East Lyme beat Fitch 4-0 in an ECC Division I game. Kayla Markovitz had a goal and an assist and freshman Karena Kung scored for the Vikings (4-2, 3-1). Phoebe Provencher and goalie Hayley Sorrentino had assists for East Lyme, which outshot Fitch 28-4. Sorrentino stopped a penalty kick and had two saves and Francesca Foster made 21 saves for the Falcons (2-4, 1-2).
• Molly Kelly scored twice to pace Bacon Academy past Montville, 2-0, in an ECC Division II game. Hanna Corsa had five saves for the Bobcats (5-0, 4-0). Lauren Ross had eight saves for the Indians (2-3, 2-2).
• Kaylee Armenia and Maddie Ouellette scored two goals each as Old Lyme stayed unbeaten with a 4-0 win over East Hampton in a Shoreline Conference game. Caroline Wallace and Ouellette had assists for the Wildcats (5-0, 3-0) and Emily Rivera made three saves.
• Waterford outshot Killingly 13-3 but lost the ECC Division II game, 2-1. Kendra Gregg's goal gave Waterford (2-4, 1-3) a 1-0 halftime lead. Killingly's Abbie Burgess tied the game at 1-1 and teammate Emily Watling scored the game-winner with three minutes left.
• Stonington lost to Woodstock Academy in an ECC Division II game, 4-1. Lainnie Connor scored on a direct kick for Stonington (1-6, 1-3) and Hannah Lamb and Tori LoPresto made three saves each. Ivy Gelhaus had a goal and an assist for Woodstock (5-1, 3-1).
• Plainfield beat Wheeler, 7-2, in an ECC Division III game. Emma Morgan scored twice for Wheeler (0-3-1, 0-2) and Gracie Anderson had an assist. Also, Kassie Startz had 14 saves and Kendra Perez 10.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA