H.S. lacrosse: Lamb's 100th career goal helps Stonington girls edge Old Lyme
Stonington — Junior Hannah Lamb scored four goals, including the 100th of her career, as Stonington outlasted Old Lyme 8-7 in a non-conference girls' lacrosse match on Saturday.
Lamb also had an assist for the Bears (6-3) while Kate Johnson added two goals and one assist, Kate Reagan had one goal and two assists, Emma Sabbadini had one goal and one assist and Kathryn Logel added an assist.
Lydia Tinnerello had three goals and one assist to lead the Wildcats (5-4) while Daisy Colvin had one goal and two assists, and Paige Britton, Catherine Harrison and Bella Arias each scored a goal.
In other games:
• Karlie Rowe had four goals and an assist to help lead East Lyme to a 13-4 non-conference win over Lauralton Hall. Caroline Healy and Olivia Facchini added two goals and two assists apiece for the Vikings (7-2) while Kristen Healy scored twice, Hannah Gellar had a goal and an assist, Julie Bates and Anna Johnson each scored a goal and Sarah Christensen added an assist. Lauralton Hall is 3-6.
• Mia Londregan scored seven goals as St. Bernard rolled to a 12-4 win over Wheeler. Emily Smith added two goals for the Saints (3-3) while Bridget Feeley had a goal and three assists, Addy Horgan had four assists and Carly Potts and Lindsey Clement each scored one. Daniela Roy scored two goals for the Lions (0-4).
• Morgan outscored Waterford 5-1 in the first half en route to a 9-4 non-conference win over the Lancers. Ashley Brandt and Meghan Foley scored two goals apiece for Waterford (4-3) and goalie Courtney Dishaw made 14 saves.
• Rachel Luxton had three goals and three assists while winning 10 draws as Williams School rolled to a 22-3 victory over St. Andrew's. Sophie Salgar led the Blues (5-1) with four goals while Ellie Fader, Caitlyn Kressley and Morgan Pill added three goals apiece, and Katia Bourganos and Audrey Matson each scored twice.
• Pat Brady scored eight goals while Scott Pion added three goals and six assists to lead St. Bernard/Wheeler to a 12-9 non-conference win over Haddam-Killingworth. Jack O'Leary also scored a goal for the Saints (7-1) while Emmett Brady had two assists and goalie Danny Schroeder made 11 saves.
• Matt Henderson had three goals and an assist to lift Old Lyme to an 11-8 non-conference victory over Stonington. Owen Macadam and Grayson Colvin added three goals apiece for the Wildcats (8-2) while Mike Kolesnik scored twice, Ryan Wallace had two assists and goalie James Rollins made 16 saves. Jake Mueller scored three goals for the Bears (4-4).
• Notre Dame of West Haven outscored Waterford 4-0 in the third quarter and beat the Lancers 9-6 in a non-conference game. Ryan Huta scored three goals for Waterford (6-3) while Caleb Holdridge added two goals and two assists and Logan Bowdish scored a goal.
• James Knowlton scored three goals, but Williams fell short against unbeaten St. Andrew's 6-5. Harry Anselmi added a goal and an assist while controlling nine ground balls for the Blues (3-3), and Max Sarwar added one goal and one assist.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA