H.S. softball: Price homers to help lift Indians past Bears 5-4
Stonington — Katelyn Price hit a two-run home run in the top of the first inning and the Montville High School softball team went on to a 5-4 victory Monday over Stonington in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II meeting.
Alexis Michon pitched a six-hitter with eight strikeouts and two walks for Montville (9-2, 3-1) and also went 4-for-4 with two runs scored. The Indians added two runs in the third and one in the seventh.
Abby Flakus was 3-for-4 with a triple for Stonington (8-3, 3-2). The Bears left the bases loaded in the sixth inning.
In other games:
• Jaylyn Muellar's two-run triple highlighted a six-run first inning, as East Lyme beat Guilford 7-1. Isabel Siciliano scattered four singles to earn the win for the Vikings (5-5) and Nikki Marsh went 4-for-4.
• Bailey Comeau pitched a three-hitter and struck out six, leading Norwich Free Academy past Mercy 6-0. The Wildcats (8-3) broke the game open with four runs in the fifth inning. Comeau added a double and Hailee Schrader, Shea Gendron, Brooke Gottshall and Sophia DiCocco had two hits apiece.
• Briana Beverly's two-run double highlighted a four-run rally in the fifth inning as St. Bernard defeated Tourtellotte 7-3 in an ECC Division III game. Beverly and Emily Nelson had two hits apiece for the Saints (4-5, 2-3) while Taina Quinones added a double and sacrifice fly. Nelson was the winning pitcher striking out seven.
• An eight-run sixth inning helped propel Wheeler past Grasso Tech 15-3. Julia Ahern earned her first varsity win, allowing three hits and two runs while striking out 12 and walking two. Kendra Perez had a single, two doubles and two RBI and Molly Butremovic had a single, double and two RBI for the Lions (2-7). Natalie Sheehan had two singles for Grasso.
• Paige Kolsenik was 3-for-4 with two triples, two runs scored and two RBI in Old Lyme's 9-2 victory over East Hampton. Alison Ward was 2-for-3 with a double and a run and Maddie Cann was 2-for-4 with two runs and a triple for Old Lyme (7-3), while Audrey Gavin pitched a four-hitter with 12 strikeouts and one walk.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA