H.S. roundup: St. Bernard girls edge New London 10-7 in ECC D-III lacrosse
Montville — Carly Potts scored five goals as St. Bernard outlasted New London 10-7 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division III girls' lacrosse game on Friday.
The Saints are 3-3, 3-2.
Olivia Yard had three goals for the Whalers (2-3, 2-1) while Emilia Skrabacz and Desiree Johnson scored two goals apiece.
• East Lyme remained unbeaten with a 7-0 victory over Wheeler at Stonington Country Club. Stonington also beat the Lions, 6.5-.5, although the Vikings (7-0) and Bears (6-2) did not compete against each other (they meet on Tuesday at Old Lyme Country Club).
Stonington's Grant Hamilton and East Lyme's Evan Kluge shared medalist honors, each shooting 3-over 39s. Ben Bohmback added a 40 and Matt Orefice a 42 for the Vikings, while RJ Parilla also shot a 42 for the Bears. Bryce Reck was the lower scorer for Wheeler (1-4) with a 49.
• Scott Galbo had three goals and two assists as East Lyme beat Fitch 17-5 in an ECC Division I game on Thursday night. Rob Swenson scored three times, James McCoy and Sunny Lall had two goals each, Matt Valakos had a goal and two assists and Hunter Lizza had two assists for East Lyme (6-2, 4-0). Devin Jordan and Josh Letellier had two goals each and Andy Sammons had two assists for Fitch (1-6, 1-3).
• Kyle Egan pitched a two-hitter and struck out 12 as St. Bernard defeated Putnam 9-0 on Thursday night. Willie Kane had three hits, including a double, to lead the Saints (5-5) while Walker Baillargeon had three hits, Jake Morell hit a home run, Connor Ullrich had a single and double, and Kevin Fay had a pair of singles.
• St. Bernard lost to Windham 17-1 in an ECC Division IV game on Thursday. Ariana Guinassi had an RBI single for the Saints (1-6, 0-3).
• Waterford beat Bacon Academy 6-1 in an ECC Division II match on Thursday. Fadi Hage, Elias Picinich and Julian Perez won singles matches and the doubles teams of Kevin McEntarfer-Enzo Guarnieri, Ethan Chan-Justin Lin and Nick Posich-Gabriel Parent also won for the Lancers (2-2, 1-2).