H.S. lacrosse: Stonington girls keep rolling in ECC Div. II play
Colchester — Hannah Lamb scored seven goals as Stonington remained unbeaten in Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II play with a 19-7 girls' lacrosse win over Bacon Academy on Thursday.
Kate Johnson added four goals and five assists for the Bears (10-2, 4-0) while Emma Sabbadini had four goals and two assists.
In other games:
• Olivia Gianakos scored six goals and Grace Briggs added five as Waterford outlasted Ledyard 15-12 in an ECC Division II game. Goalie Courtney Dishaw made 11 saves for the Lancers (6-7, 3-1) while Sabrina Mitchell scored five goals for the Colonels (3-8, 0-4), Maddie Pipech added three and goalie Kayleigh Woomer stopped 14 shots.
• Daniela Roy scored five goals in Wheeler/Grasso Tech's 14-10 loss to Killingly in Div. III of the ECC. Gracie Anderson had three goals for the Lions (1-6, 1-6).
• Madelyn Catlett scored three goals in Fitch's 17-9 loss to Woodstock Academy in Div. I of the ECC. Jessica Russo and Bridget O'Leary scored two goals apiece for the Falcons (6-3, 2-2).
• Anne Eddy scored five goals as No. 5 Cheshire beat East Lyme 10-5 in a nonleague game. Caroline Real had a goal and an assist and Maya Rose made nine saves for East Lyme (7-3). Cheshire (10-1) outshot the Vikings 19-9.
• Mason LaForte scored four goals to lead Waterford past Fitch 15-3 in Div. I of the ECC. Ryan Huta had three goals for the Lancers (9-1, 3-1) and Caleb Holdridge had five assists. Devin Jordan scored three goals for the Falcons (3-7, 1-4).
• Scott Pion scored seven goals and Emmett Brady had 10 ground balls as St. Bernard/Wheeler beat Ledyard/Griswold 12-3 in an ECC Division II game. Roland Long and Cameron Riley had two goals and an assist each, Charlie niles scored and Patrick Frechette had five ground balls for the Saints (7-3, 4-1). Ledyard is 4-7, 2-4.
• Robbie Swenson had five goals and James McCoy had three goals and two assists as East Lyme downed NFA 18-3 in an ECC Division I game. Scottie Galbo had two goals and two assists, Alex Jakubczak had two goals and an assist and Brandon Hall scored twice for the Vikings (7-3, 5-0). Ryan Foster had a goal and an assist for the Wildcats (3-7, 1-4) and Nolan Brown and Ryan Ton scored.
• Scott Symington had four goals in Somers’ 11-4 win over Old Lyme. Ty Dean and Mike Kolesnik both scored twice for Old Lyme (6-6).
Stories that may interest you
Catie Shannon and Sophia Jones put in a full day of running through their Norwich neighborhood on Monday and Tuesday. Shannon, 18, and Jones, 15, ran 24 miles in 24 hours.
Waterford senior pitcher Rachel Miller helped the Lancers win the CIAC Class M state title last season and earned all-state honors. She was also a captain for the volleyball team, which won its first ECC tournament title in the fall.
Bacon Academy senior Luke LaSaracina plays baseball, basketball and football for the Bobcats. Last baseball season he hit .426 with three homers and 23 RBI to earn first team All-ECC Division II honors.
A Florida coach whose high school football teams have won three straight state championships was suspended pending an investigation into "an unauthorized athletic activity" during the novel coronavirus pandemic.