H.S. basketball roundup: Perry leads New London to victory
Killingly — Rhodia Perry made seven 3-pointers and scored 30 as the New London boys’ basketball team beat Killingly on Tuesday, 78-49, for the program’s 1,100th win.
Tayeshawn Cunningham-Pemberton had 15 points and Syncere Gray added 12 points for New London (4-5).
In other games:
• Nolan Molkenthin had 23 points and Mason Jackson scored 22 as NFA beat St. Bernard 62-47. Molkenthin made six 3-pointers for the Wildcats (9-0). Tyson Wheeler and Frank Pacheco had 11 points each and Nathaniel Avery scored 10 for St. Bernard (4-5).
• Joey Johnson (21 points) led five Windham Tech players to score in double figures as they downed Grasso Tech, 93-76, in a Connecticut Technical Conference game. Jacob Cortes scored 20, Tyrell Dennis 16, Ethan McAvoy 15 and Donnel Brown 14 for Grasso Tech.
• Jared Ritchie scored a career-high 20 points as unbeaten Old Lyme rolled to a 65-39 victory over East Hampton on Monday night in the Shoreline Conference. Ray Doll added 11 points and five assists for the Wildcats (7-0, 6-0).
• Sophia Boras and Lindsey Clement each made two late free throws to help St. Bernard hold off Lyman Memorial, 30-25, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division IV game. Boras finished with 13 points and Carly Potts added 11 for the Saints (5-3, 3-1).
• Ashlyn Bill had nine points, 16 rebounds and six blocks and Quinn Ludlowe scored 10 as Norwich Tech edged Ellis Tech, 32-31, in a Connecticut Technical Conference game. Lucie Jules had 17 rebounds, six steals and four blocks for Norwich Tech (6-5, 4-1).
• Four players scored in double figures for NFA in a 58-52 win over Glastonbury in a nonleague game. Makayla Poirier-Vaughters and Sarah Ericson had 12 points each, Jenissa Varela scored 11 and Jada Mills had 10 points for NFA (6-2).
• Nyseanah Ishmael scored 10 points in Fitch's 47-25 loss to Bacon Academy in ECC Division II. The Falcons dipped to 6-4, 2-2. Caitlin Shea and Valarie Luizzi led the Bobcats with 12 points apiece.
• Olivia Bessette had 18 points in Plainfield’s 38-26 win over Montville in an ECC Division III game. Maya Hillman had 11 points, 13 rebounds, five blocks and five steals for Montville (5-4, 1-3).
• Sophie Byrne scored a game-high 18 points in Grasso Tech's 50-30 loss to Windham Tech. The Eagles trailed 28-14 at halftime.
• Angela Mercaldi had 16 points to pace East Hampton past Old Lyme, 43-31, in a Shoreline Conference game. Emily DeRoehn had 11 points and nine rebounds, Sam Gray had 12 points and two steals, and Ellery Zrenda had six rebounds and two assists for Old Lyme.
Stories that may interest you
Nolan Molkenthin made a go-ahead 3-pointer with 2 minutes, 8 seconds left to give the NFA boys' basketball team a 60-54 win over Xavier on Monday night and a 20-0 regular season.
Old Lyme, ranked 10th in the GameTimeCT Top 10 poll boys' basketball, celebrated Senior Night on Monday with a 70-46 victory over Cromwell to clinch at least a share of the Shoreline Conference regular-season title.
Putnam coach Mandi Hogan figured out a way for her players not to be too distracted by the fact they had the opportunity to play at Mohegan Sun Arena in the ECC tournament championship game. She didn't tell them.