High school roundup: Armstrong leads Wheeler/Grasso to OT victory
Griswold — Grace Armstrong scored 11 goals as Wheeler/Grasso Tech beat Griswold 16-15 in overtime in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls' lacrosse game on Monday.
Katelyn Melinosky scored four goals, Peach Schroeder made 17 saves and Amrstrong had four assists for Wheeler (1-3, 1-3).
In other games:
• Maddox Burton and Sarah Newton scored three goals each as Bacon Academy beat New London 19-2 in an ECC Division II game. Skylar Gustavsen, Megan Swanke, Cara Shea and Shannon Hickey had two goals each and Newton and Gustavsen had two assists each for Bacon (3-1, 2-0). Camryn Grasso, Katie Graham, Kaylea McCourt, Jessica Schuth and Mia Voiland also scored for Bacon. Aislinn Strecker and Emilia Skrabacz scored for New London (1-3, 1-3).
• Montville's Grant Kortfelt was the medalist with a 43 as the Indians beat Stonington 5.5-1.5 in an ECC Division I match. Morgan Whittaker (44), Kortfelt and Cameron Dececco (48) won matches for Montville (2-0, 2-0) and teammate Tyler Radford halved his match with Drew Johnson. John Cunningham won his match for Stonington (1-3, 1-3).
• East Lyme beat Fitch 7-0 in an ECC Division I match. Matt Orefice was the medalist with a 41 and Dan Singer (42), Logan Rolfe (43), Max Caron and Graham Mundell also won matches for the Vikings (3-0, 3-0). Fitch is 3-3, 3-3.
• Grasso Tech opened its season with a 174-243 loss to Ellis Tech in a Connecticut Technical Conference East Division match. Gavin Jameson led Grasso with a 57 and Ayden Papuga of Ellis Tech was the medalist with a 40.
• Griswold beat New London 5.5-1.5. Matt Ladd of Griswold and New London's Zach Stock halved their match and shared medalist honors at 43. Lucas Hanley, Logan Richards and Ryan Fasula won matches for Griswold (3-0).
• Medalist Pat Flanagan (44) led Old Lyme to a 190-220 win over Haddam-Killingworth in a Shoreline Conference match. Aden Wilson (46), Gavin Porter (49) and Alex Chrysoulakis (51) also scored for Old Lyme (3-1, 3-1).
• Montville beat St. Bernard 7-0 in an ECC Division II match. David Baukus, Brendan Duhamel, Jack Giurleo and A.J. Hintz won matches for Montville (3-0, 3-0) along with the team of Matt Malbaurn and Ethan Thomas at No. 1 doubles.
• St. Bernard beat Montville 6-1 in an ECC Division II match. Zhuning Gao, Olivia Busher and Meri Kambolli won matches for the Saints (2-1, 2-0) and the teams of Franchella Mariano-Yaila Gutierrez, Trizia Lao-ang-Arih Jey Villon-Nahue and Ona Parfitt-Ava Little swept doubles play. Sydney Kolz won at No. 1 singles for Montville (0-3, 0-3).
• Avery Sulman drove in six runs as Norwich Tech beat Ellis Tech 27-8 in a CTC East game. Emili Fiasconaro had four hits and drove in four runs, Gabby Fedus drove in three runs and scored twice, Sulman had three hits and scored three runs and Caitie Flynn and Morgan Cook each scored four runs for Norwich Tech (3-1, 3-0).
• Windham Tech beat Grasso Tech 18-5 in five innings in a CTC East game. Sam Post had three hits, including a double, and Kalie Bancroft had two hits for Grasso (0-3, 0-3).
• Dom Scalia and winning pitcher Jaden Canelli each homered twice as North Branford beat Old Lyme 14-2 in a five-inning Shoreline Conference game. Tate Sawden singled and hit a two-run homer for Old Lyme (3-5, 3-5).
Stories that may interest you
Stonington outlasted Waterford on Friday, 4-3, avenging an early-season 4-3 loss to the Lancers in a matchup of Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I girls' tennis leaders.
Bacon Academy remained atop the Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls' lacrosse standings with an 18-3 victory over Griswold on Thursday.