H.S. softball roundup: Fitch sweeps past NFA
Norwich — Charlotte Cabral and McKynzi Dawson combined to pitch a no-hitter in the second game as Fitch capped a doubleheader sweep of Norwich Free Academy with a 12-0 win in Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I softball action on Saturday.
Fitch (8-3, 8-3) won the opener 15-2. Frankie Foster was 4-for-4, Alyson Cabral homered, Maddie Southers had three hits and Grace Jenkins , Charlotte Cabral, Fiona Taber and Dawson had two hits each in the opener. Jenkins was 3-for-3 with a homer, Avery Frickman homered and Southers had two hits in Game 2. Charlotte Cabral earned the win in both games.
Hannah Daniewicz and Morgan Tainter had two hits each in the opener for NFA (3-5, 2-4).
In other games:
• Addie Hauptmann drove in nine runs as Wheeler split an ECC Division II doubleheader with Plainfield, winning the second game 19-12 after losing the opener 15-9. Hauptmann had five hits, hit two three-run homers, doubled, tripled and scored six runs.
Keelan Groves had six hits, Emma Cottingham, Marissa Bergel and Molly Butremovic (five RBI) had five hits each and Maddie Perkins and Marissa Perkins had three hits each for the Lions (5-7, 5-7).
• Maddie Burrows had four hits and scored five runs as No. 2 Waterford swept a doubleheader from Montville in ECC Division I, winning the opener 5-0 and the second game 13-1 in five innings. Angela Colonis pitched a three-hitter in Game 1 with five strikeouts and no walks and Anna Dziecinny pitched a four-hitter in Game 2.
Emma Marelli doubled and drove in three runs in the opener and drove in a run in the second game and Burrows doubled, homered and drove in three runs on the day for the Lancers (10-0, 9-0). Lily Marelli singled, doubled and drove in three runs and Tori Kiefer doubled and drove in three runs in the second game for Waterford. Jill Murallo had a triple and Eva Peltier had two hits for Montville (5-6, 5-6).
• Kaelin Waldron and Makayla Neilson combined to pitch a no-hitter as Griswold beat Tourtellotte 22-0 in five innings in an ECC Division II game. Waldron doubled and homered for Griswold (10-1, 10-1), which had 19 hits. Lucia Ceccarelli had four hits, two doubles, a triple and six RBI and Mandy Brehler (five RBI) and Neilson had three hits each for the Wolverines.
• Samantha Money was 5-for-5 and Aaliyah Amidon pitched a two-hitter as Ledyard beat Bacon Academy 13-2 in an ECC Division I game. Money doubled, homered, drove in four runs and scored three times and Amidon struck out eight with four walks for the Colonels (10-1, 10-1). Iyana Kirvan singled, doubled and drove in three runs and Layla Lasisomphone doubled and drove in a run for Ledyard. Jazlyn Small-Yu doubled for Bacon (3-7, 3-7).
• Lyman Memorial collected 18 hits and beat Putnam 13-6 in an ECC Division II game. Kayla Goins, Loretta Svedarsky and Hannah Christiansen had three hits each and winning pitcher Kassidy LaTour drove in three runs for Lyman (7-2, 7-2). Rayne Bobbi and LaTour each doubled twice and Goins had a triple.
• Windham swept St. Bernard in an ECC Division II doubleheader, winning the opener 19-4 and the second game 12-0. Ariana Guinassi was 3-for-3 with two RBI and Miloura Francois singled and scored a run in Game 1 for the Saints (1-10, 1-10).