H.S. tennis roundup: Old Lyme boys win their ninth straight
Cromwell — The Old Lyme boys' tennis team picked up its ninth straight win, beating Cromwell 6-1 on Monday in a Shoreline Conference match.
George Danes, Charles Hinckley, Griffin McGlinchey and Will Danes won their matches. The doubles teams of Regan Kaye-Tim O'Brien and Sam Koenigs-Mike Klier also won for the Wildcats (11-1, 11-1). Old Lyme lost to Westbrook 5-2 on April 13 and host Westbrook on Wednesday.
In other matches:
• East Lyme remained unbeaten with a 7-0 win over Ledyard in an ECC Division I match. Sujesh Kurambail, Daniel Sapoznikov, Jiarui Peng and Benji Tan were straight-set winners for the Vikings (10-0, 9-0). The teams of Rohan Purohit-Guillem Colom and Ayush Misha-Rohun Veerappa Boopathy also won for East Lyme, which won No. 3 doubles by forfeit.
• St. Bernard swept singles and beat Killingly 4-1 in an ECC Division II match. Gage Godwin, Liam Peters and Matt Bottaco won in straight sets and Zach Kobyluck won at No. 4 in three sets for the Saints (3-2, 3-1).
• New London beat Lyman Memorial 3-1 behind straight-set wins from Wesly Paulo and Sebastian Jean-Michel. Emanuel Marin and Jahari Nance won their doubles match for New London (3-4-1) while Coen Laibrandt and Ryan Miller won their match for Lyman (1-7).
• Waterford beat NFA 5-1 in an ECC Division I match. Ian Balfour won his match, Gabe Parent and Corey Sammatoro won at No. 1 doubles and the Lancers (3-7, 3-5) won three matches by forfeit. Jack Lacey won at No. 1 singles for NFA (0-8-1, 0-7-1).
• Unbeaten Old Lyme won all the matches in straight sets in a 7-0 win over Cromwell in the Shoreline Conference. Abigail Sicuranza, Callie Bass, Sam Tan and Livie Bass won their matches for the Wildcats (12-0, 12-0). The teams of Lauren Wallace-Alexis Fenton, Fiona Hufford-Izzy Reynolds and Sophie Ortoleva-Elaina Morosky also won.
• East Lyme swept doubles play for a 4-3 win over Ledyard in an ECC Division I match. Jeanette Liu won at No. 4 singles for East Lyme (5-5, 4-3) along with the teams of Alissa Li-Ella Arustei, Iris Liu-Avery Rindell and Madison Thomas-Priya Whitney. Abby Dirico, Bianca Planeta and Sarah Bailey won their matches for Ledyard (2-7,1-7).
• Waterford won all three doubles matches to earn a 5-2 win over NFA in an ECC Division I match. Sarah Hage and Alli Silva won matches for the Lancers (8-1, 8-1) along with the teams of Jen Leblanc-Michelle Liu, Nitya Somieni-Nidhi Somieni and Maria Molina-Arfa Begum. Sarah Ericson and Emily Eggler won for NFA (6-3, 5-3).