H.S. basketball: Perry lifts New London boys to easy win over East Hartford
New London — Rhodia Perry scored a game-high 24 points as New London built a 20-8 lead after one quarter and cruised to a 77-50 nonleague boys' basketball victory over East Hartford on Tuesday night at Conway Gym.
Savahn Warren added 12 points for the Whalers (1-1) and Sean Raymond finished with 10.
In other games:
• All five Norwich Free Academy players scored in double figures as the Wildcats cruised to an 87-66 nonleague road victory over Capital Prep. Tyrone Cumming led NFA (3-0) with 23 points, eight rebounds, six steals and five assists while Nazir Rembert and Javen Foster added 16 points apiece and Tony Williams and Austin Cannon each scored 14.
• Cedric Similien scored a game-high 25 points, including three 3-pointers, as St. Bernard remained unbeaten with a 72-46 victory over Bacon Academy in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II game. Tyson Wheeler added 14 for the Saints (3-0, 3-0) — he also had three 3-pointers — and Devan Williams finished with 10 points. Ryan Claffey scored 12 points and Elijah Black 10 for the Bobcats (2-1, 1-1).
• Riley Walsh scored 15 points, including three 3-pointers, as East Lyme rolled past Morgan 62-36 in a nonleague game. Will Anglin added 12 for the Vikings (3-0), who broke the game open by outscoring Morgan 20-4 in the third quarter.
• Angelica Tompkins scored a game-high 24 points as St. Bernard rolled to a 58-36 ECC Division IV road victory over Putnam. Sophia Boras added 14 for the Saints (3-1, 2-0).
• Milena Walker had 20 points, 13 rebounds and six steals to highlight Waterford's 53-32 win over Plainfield. Mia Chiappone added 13 points and five steals for the Lancers (2-2) while Julia Knowles finished with 12 points and nine rebounds.
• Griswold defeated Montville 46-39 in an ECC Division III game. Jada Cheung had 21 points and four steals for the Indians (0-3, 0-1) and Maya Hillman added nine points and 17 rebounds.
• Ady Gonzalez had 12 points and six rebounds as Windham rallied from a four-point halftime deficit to defeat Stonington 48-41 in an ECC Division III game. Anne Drago led the Bears (1-3, 1-1) with a game-high 16 points.
• Goodwin Tech made five 3-pointers on its way to a 32-15 victory over Norwich Tech. Autumn Lovett led the Warriors (0-3) with eight points and Ashlyn Bill added five.
Stories that may interest you
Inexperienced starters like Denali Doran and Zaire Wallace helped NFA beat New London on Wednesday night, 37-34, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I showdown.
St. Bernard rallies in the second half for a 63-58 win over No. 9 NFA in a matchup of two of the ECC's best teams.