Jobs at The Day
MULTIMEDIA SALES EXECUTIVE
The Day Publishing Company, located in New London CT., is looking for a Multimedia Sales Executive.
As a Multimedia Sales Executive, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, selling, and closing new clients to increase revenue within the already established territory. You will leverage our extensive portfolio of both print and digital services and audience insights to create and recommend personalized multimedia marketing campaigns for our business customers, connecting them to prime prospects and maximizing their ROI.
· Work as a partner to help clients reach their goals, owning the entire sales process from start to finish.
· Develop and demonstrate knowledge of The Days sales and marketing portfolio, including newspaper products, digital marketing services and non-traditional offerings (events, promotions, etc.)
· Effectively create and recommend products and services that meet the customer’s needs, based off a Client Needs Analysis
· Provide exceptional customer service, maintaining the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the market and in the workplace.
· Consistently meet and exceed print and digital revenue targets.
· Regular communication with management and completion of all required sales process activities.
· Embrace new products or programs as the company continues to diversify and test new revenue streams.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis.
· Ability to prospect new business via cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable.
· Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed.
· Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations.
· Strong networking and community involvement skills
· Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills.
· Strong time management and follow up skills.
· Organized with attention for detail.
· Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Must possess a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Education & Experience:
· Minimum of one-year sales experience, preferably in outside sales
· Prior experience in digital marketing sales highly desirable
This position includes a base salary plus commissions based on revenue generated towards your targeted goals. Benefits afforded to all our fulltime employees include health, dental, vision, 401k, STD, LTD, 6 holidays, sick, personal and vacation days.
Are you ready to join our team and do work that matters in an innovative, mission-driven, diverse work environment, with equally impassioned colleagues across the region? Apply today!
Those interested, email qualifications and compensation requirements to: email@example.com
EDITORIAL PAGE EDITOR
The Day Publishing Company is looking for a dynamic individual to be the Editorial Page Editor for The Day of New London and theday.com.
The position requires strong leadership qualities and collaboration skills and a willingness to take on controversial subjects. The Day has a long history of speaking with a strong voice on issues that impact the local communities it serves, as well as state-wide issues.
Candidates should have at least five years of newsroom experience and the skills necessary to utilize all digital platforms.
The Editorial Page Editor is responsible for all the opinion content that appears in the print edition of The Day and on theday.com and for the Perspective page that appears on Sunday. In its opinion content the Day gives high priority to local and state subject matter.
The EPE is the primary writer of The Day’s editorials, using the guidance provided by the Editorial Board. The EPE is also responsible for lining up skilled, freelance opinion writers to supply additional editorials to supplement those written by the EPE.
The EPE arranges the weekly meeting of the Editorial Board, creates agendas for the meeting, and on occasion provides the opportunity for elected officials, policymakers, and special interest advocates to meet with the board.
The EPE, as part of community outreach, drives digital coverage of local, regional and state-wide elections. The EPE organizes, plans and hosts live campaign debates including those for state-wide office and the local U.S. Congressional delegation. The EPE organizes, plans and moderates candidate nights for municipal and local legislative elections.
The EPE also plans and hosts periodic community forums on topical issues.
It is the job of the EPE to screen and edit letters to the editor for publication. Also, to solicit and entertain guest commentaries on local and state topics from experts and advocates in our community. In doing so, the editor should seek to reflect the diversity of the local community.
The EPE should help promote digital content through social media and on aggregation websites and to look for new and innovative ways to present opinion content through audio and video platforms.
The EPE prepares and executes the annual department budget and reports monthly to the board of directors on its activities, efforts, and plans.
The EPE is expected to write a weekly column for the Sunday Perspective section.
Working with Night City Editor and artist Jacinta Meyers, the EPE comes up with ideas for the newspaper’s weekly “SunDay” political cartoon.
The EPE should:
- Promote digital content through social media.
- Work with the audience engagement editor to find new and innovative ways to engage a larger audience.
- Write a newsletter that promotes the paper’s opinion.
- Participate in podcasts.
- The EPE reports directly to the publisher.
Those interested, email qualifications and compensation requirements to:
Motot Route Driver
The Day is currently accepting applications for a motor route driver for the town of Salem. A valid driver’s license, a good driving record, proof of insurance, and a reliable vehicle is required. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. Excellent pay, early morning hours.
This position entails working alongside other Information Technology staff members to diagnose and resolve end-user issues and provide application and infrastructure support. Support issues may be related to PC, Mac or printer hardware; may be related to administration of various enterprise level systems including Adbooking, Ad Production using the Adobe suite of products, and Financial systems. Will require some knowledge of MS Exchange, Active Directory, Office365, Kaspersky Antivirus, data backup and recovery methods, VMware, or other business-critical systems across The Day’s various divisions.
- 3+ years professional experience with a strong knowledge of TCP/IP, and configuration, installation and troubleshooting of Windows 10 and Office365.
- Proven ability to document actions, processes and procedures. Must be able to prepare, coordinate and support user training and documentation and provide technical assistance for post-implementation support issues.
- Experience configuring, installing and supporting laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, iOS and Android based smartphones and tablets.
- 24×7 on call support and continuing education in relevant IT fields will be required.
- College degree in the field of computer science or information systems, or 2+ years in the Information Technology field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; keen attention to detail; proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Interested candidates, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WordPress Development: 5 years (Required)
- HTML: 2 years (Required)
- CSS: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred) or Equivalent work experience
- US work authorization (Preferred)
- Supporting the development of several WordPress instances. Design, build, test, and maintain websites, databases, APIs, and other technology resources. Perform maintenance and updates for existing websites.
- Must have a high-level understanding of a WordPress environment.
- Experience creating WordPress themes, plug-ins, and widgets to meet business requirements.
- Experience with integrating to WordPress with backend API services (i.e.: NetSuite, Salesforce, SQL Server)
- Ability to code and program websites and web pages, including backend payment processing.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Work with various vendors towards issue resolution
- Support the IT department as needed.
- Follow and Maintain all IT Policies and Procedures
- Conduct compatibility testing to ensure a consistent display across devices, operating systems, and browsers.
- Implement best practices for website performance, scalability, and accessibility.
- Execute content updates across corporate web and intranet sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of WordPress and page builders such as Elementor and WP Bakery
- Very strong HTML/CSS skills with knowledge of writing online forms.
- Ability to build fluid, responsive websites.
- Experience with WordPress Theme frameworks
- Design skills to develop graphics, page layouts, banner ads and emails.
- Understanding of how to best organize content by developing wireframes.
- Ability to work within content management systems.
- Keep abreast of new technologies as needed to ensure ongoing competitiveness.
- Domain and DNS management
- SSL Certificates
- Migrating WordPress sites from one host to another
- Working with design team to accurately bring mock-ups to production.
- Install and understand Google products such as Analytics and Tag Manager
- Understanding SEO Best Practices when building new pages and sites.
Those interested, email qualifications and compensation requirements to: email@example.com
Send, fax or e-mail qualifications and salary requirements to:
The Day Publishing Company
Human Resources Department
47 Eugene O’Neill Drive, P.O. Box 1231
New London, CT 06320