Cut the waste, for planet's sake
Slim down your waste!
While it is vitally important that our municipal, state and federal government agencies work aggressively on environmental protection acts, it is our individual actions that really make a difference. We must all learn to trim a little off our waste, little by little, every day. Small changes can make a big difference over time toward a healthier environment.
Some ways to begin your slim-down could include:
- Go back to the bar! Bar soap that is, no plastic container waste
- Use real cutlery not plastic for parties and picnics (keep a party supply handy)
- Never use a straw
- Decide against single use (anything)
- Always use a reusable shopping bag
- Use your own drinking vessel
- Give up bottled water
- Return returnables
- Consider wasteful packaging when purchasing
- Do your best to compost vegetable scraps
- Please take the time to refer to the website: RecycleCT.
Old Lyme Recycling and Waste Committee
Stories that may interest you
We need a tough squad to lead us to 2020. The editorial “Trump’s racist trope must be condemned,” (July 16), with racist trope only the latest fill-in-the-blank (Trump's...
With conditions that currently exist with financial debt, overwhelmed resources and with the largely unimpeded influx of immigrants crossing its sovereign borders, will the U.S.A. become a third-world country? Or is the nation already in the flux of becoming a third-world...
Sometime within the past year or so, I was visiting Washington D.C. with my parents and siblings. It wasn't the first time I had been there − my brother and I were born in nearby Bethesda. But on this particular trip to the capital, I insisted that we visit a museum known as the
Please, do not use the word, "Racist" incorrectly. In your editorial, “Trump’s racist trope must be condemned,” (July 16), you state that "Trump's racist trope must be condemned...