Mystic half-marathon, 10k runs to cause delays, detours Sunday morning
Mystic — Drivers should expect delays and detours Sunday during the running of the Hartford HealthCare Mystic Half Marathon and 10K runs, police said Friday.
Nearly 2,000 people are expected to participate in the runs, which benefit the charitable works of the Rotary Club of Mystic. The runs take place on roads in Stonington and Groton. Drivers are urged to use caution.
Delays are expected at the following times:
- Coogan Boulevard (Greenmanville Road/Route 27 to Clara Drive), 6:45 to 7:10 a.m.
- Coogan Boulevard (Maritime Drive to Jerry Browne Road), 6:55 to 10 a.m.
- Greenmanville Road/Route 27 (Coogan Boulevard to Holmes Street), Holmes Street, 6:55 to 7:20 a.m.
- Route 1 (Holmes Street to Pearl Street), Pearl Street, 7 to 7:30 a.m.
- Grove Avenue, River Road, 7:10 to 8:10 a.m.
- Route 27 (River Road to Jerry Browne Road), alternating one-way traffic, 7:20 to 8:25 a.m.
- Jerry Browne Road (Route 27 to Mistuxet Avenue), Mistuxet Avenue, 7:30 to 10 a.m.
- Pellegrino Road, Deans Mill Road, Pequot Trail (Deans Mill Road to Flanders Road), Flanders Road, 7:40 to 10 a.m.
Stories that may interest you
The public is invited to gather Monday evening for a vigil to stand against racism in the wake of the racially motivated shooting of 10 Black people at a grocery store in a Black neighborhood May 14.
Southeastern Connecticut Black leaders saddened, angered by racially motivated shooting in Buffalo, N.Y.