Local roundup: Using leads Old Lyme to opening night win
Old Saybrook — Aedan Using scored 22 points and had 11 rebounds as Old Lyme beat Old Saybrook 69-67 in a Shoreline Conference boys' basketball game in opening-night action on Thursday.
Brady Sheffield scored 16, Ray Doll had 12 points and Jared Ritchie had 11 points and nine rebounds for Old Lyme. Shane Henderson had a game-high 24 points for Old Saybrook.
• New London lost in a nonleague game at Prince Tech in Hartford, 72-58. Freshman Camaree Williams had 21 points and 12 rebounds and Tayeshawn Cunningham-Pemberton, also a freshman, scored 10 for New London.
• Max Lee scored 15 points to help lead St. Bernard to a 63-36 win over Putnam in the season opener for both teams.
• Emma McCulloch had 15 points and 11 rebounds to pace Old Lyme to its first win of the season, 46-36, over Old Saybrook in a Shoreline Conference game. The Wildcats are 1-1, 1-1. Mandy Beck scored 12 for Old Saybrook (0-2, 0-2).
• Aliza Bell had nine points and 12 rebounds to help lead Stonington to a 45-38 win over NFA. Tori LoPresto had 10 points, Sophia Bell had 14 rebounds and Zoe Ribeiro had 10 rebounds for Stonington (2-0). Jenissa Varella led NFA (0-1) with 16 points.
• Samantha Money scored nine as Ledyard won its season opener, 32-25, over Wheeler. Tajeah Winston had seven points for Ledyard. Leah Pion had eight points for the Lions (1-2) and Addie Hauptmann scored six.
• St. Thomas More beat Rise Academy of Canada at the Hall of Fame Classic in Springfield, Mass., 73-55. Michael Lynott had 10 points, seven rebounds and five assists, Jared Garcia had 14 points and Ghared Boyce and Jair Currie scored 11 points each for the Chancellors (8-6).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES