Local roundup: Mitchell wraps up NECC baseball title
North Dartmouth, Mass. — The Mitchell College baseball team wrapped up the New England Collegiate Conference regular-season title with a doubleheader sweep of Eastern Nazarene on Thursday.
The Mariners, who have won 15 straight games, won the opener 4-0 and the second game 4-1. Ryan Solimine (8-1) pitched a two-hitter with six strikeouts and one walk in the opener. Roland Thivierge (8-0) allowed four hits over six innings in Game 2 for the win.
• Alexis Michon pitched a one-hitter as Montville beat Lyman Memorial 21-0 in five innings in an ECC Division III game. Rori Curran was 3-for-3 with three RBI, Jillian Murallo had a double and two singles, Michon had two hits and scored four runs and Maggie Wainwright and Brooke Taylor had two hits each for Montville (9-1, 3-1).
• Kristen Rider and Mckenzie Clubine had three hits apiece as Plainfield defeated Ledyard 10-2 in ECC Division III. Amanda Cox had two hits and an RBI for Ledyard (7-1, 2-1).
• St. Bernard lost to Windham 17-1 in an ECC Division IV game. Ariana Guinassi had an RBI single for the Saints (1-6, 0-3).
H.S. boys' tennis
• Reese Berman won at No. 1 singles in the Williams School's 5-2 loss to Rocky Hill. Devin Shah won at No. 2 singles for the Blues.
• Sammy Curcuro, Julian Mileski and Joey Burton won in singles as Ledyard defeated Killingly 6-0 in ECC Division III. The teams of Simon Diette-Fabian May, Matt Bourguignon-Damian DePaul and Reese Yaras-Hunter Bellinger won in doubles for Ledyard (2-3, 2-1).
• Waterford beat Bacon Academy 6-1 in an ECC Division II match. Fadi Hage, Elias Picinich and Julian Perez won singles matches and the doubles teams of Kevin McEntarfer-Enzo Guarnieri, Ethan Chan-Justin Lin and Nick Posich-Gabriel Parent also won for the Lancers (2-2, 1-2).
H.S. girls' tennis
• Sam Cote won her No. 1 singles match as Fitch defeated Ledyard 7-0. Sneha Kumar, Kavita Srirangam and Graysen Scherer also won in singles for the Falcons (8-1). Ledyard is 3-3.
• Maddie Hamm, Allison Marseglia and Holly Foster won singles matches for unbeaten Stonington in a 6-1 victory over Granby. The doubles teams of Cassie Onorato-Amelia Caron, Chloe Morehouse-Katie Johnstone and Erin Motherway-Sydney Motherway also picked up victories for the Bears (6-0).
H.S. boys' golf
• Montville beat Plainfield 5-2 in an ECC Division III match. Jack Minas, Tyler Radford and Morgun Whittaker won their matches for Montville (2-2, 2-0), which won the medal point 199-220.
• Waterford and Woodstock Academy halved the team medal point 169-169 and tied their ECC Division II match 3.5-3.5 at Quinatissett Country Club. Waterford's Ryan Sadosky was the individual medalist with a 36 and Caroline Petchark also won her match at No. 3 for the Lancers (2-3-1, 1-0-1). Waterford's Joe Lathrop shot a 44 to halve his match at No. 4.
• Fitch won the medal point 201-202 and beat Norwich Free Academy 5-2 in an ECC Division I match. Colin Fahey (46), Nishant Patel and Casey Adams won matches for Fitch (3-2, 1-1). Jackson Guertin was the medalist with a 44 and won his match along with Ishan Walia for NFA (4-2, 1-1).
• Co-medalists Evan Kluge and Logan Rolfe shot scores of 39, leading East Lyme to a 7-0 win over New London in an ECC Division I match at Old Lyme Country Club. Matt Orefice shot 40 for the Vikings (6-0, 2-0). New London is 1-3, 0-2.
• Medalist Nolan Marceaux shot a four-over par 39, leading Killingly to a 5-2 win over Stonington in an ECC Division II match at Elmridge Golf Course. Grant Hamilton, RJ Parrilla and Jacob Geary each shot 40 for the Bears (2-2, 0-2).
• Grasso Tech lost to Ellis Tech 213-252 in a CTC match. Reese Cote led Grasso with a 56.
H.S. girls' golf
• East Lyme beat NFA 231-244 in an ECC match on Wednesday. Sarah Johnson of East Lyme was the medalist with a 52.
• Coast Guard ended its season by getting swept by Babson in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference doubleheader. Babson won the opener 6-3 and the second game 7-0. Carly Hattman had two hits in the opener and Kayla Powers two hits in Game 2 for Coast Guard (18-20, 6-12).
H.S. boys' track
• Montville lost to Windham 81.5-68.5 in its ECC Division III opener on Wednesday. Jerrell Fitch and Zak Navarrete were double winners for Montville (1-1). Fitch won the long jump (19-4) and triple jump (40-10) and Navarrete won the pole vault (9-6) and javelin (124-0). Ethan Rose, Marcus Velez and Tyrone Mack also won events for Montville.
Stories that may interest you
Dave Peck, his sister Diane Peck Rothman, their uncle Tom Peck and fellow Niantic Bay member Bill Healy, who served as tactician, finished first in the 91st annual Atlantic Class National Championship regatta.