Local roundup: Montville boys tie ECC Division III soccer leader Windham 3-3
Montville — Jacob Rose's goal with 11 minutes remaining helped Montville High School tie Eastern Connecticut Conference Division III leader Windham 3-3 in a boys' soccer game Tuesday.
Windham, which trailed 2-0 at the half, had taken a 3-2 lead on three straight goals by Alfonso Villa before Rose pulled the Indians (6-3-1, 2-2-1) even.
Morgun Whittaker and Quinn Bond also scored goals for Montville and goalie Isaiah Gallagher made 17 saves, including a penalty kick.
In other matches:
• Sam Montalto scored three goals while Tyler Fidrych had a goal and four assists as Stonington rolled to a 5-1 win over Norwich Free Academy in an ECC Division I matchup. The Bears (8-0-2, 3-0-1) led 2-1 when Fidrych converted a penalty kick to make it 3-1. He then set up Montalto and George Limberakis later in the second half to break the game open. Jareth Tosses scored the lone goal for NFA (2-5-1, 1-3).
• Alex Ard had two goals and two assists to highlight Waterford's 8-0 win over New London in an ECC Division II matchup. Norbu Ciren added a goal and an assist for the Lancers (4-5-1, 3-2) while Jeremy Gibbs, Oli Searle, Abe Gollsneider, Zac Fayan and Evan Piotrowski each scored a goal and Bobby Lokken and PJ Lokken each had an assist. New London is 0-9, 0-5.
• Everett LeBlanc scored two goals as Ellis Tech rolled to a 7-1 win over Grasso Tech in the Connecticut Technical Conference. Rob Holland scored an unassisted goal for Grasso (3-5-1) and goalie Joel Potter made nine saves.
• Alyson Lowney won a pair of events and was on two winning relays teams, leading Fitch/Stonington/New London to a 99-71 win over NFA in the ECC. Lowney won the 200-yard freestyle (2:08.70) and 500 freestyle (5:54.12). Emily Tarinelli, Kylie Heard and Delaney Reck also won events for Fitch (4-1, 4-1) and Finella Smith, Charlotte Mann and Sarah Tarinelli helped Fitch sweep the three relays. Gloria Ng of NFA (1-6, 1-4) won the 200 individual medley (2:19.66) and 100 breaststroke (1:11.61).
• Nikki Hahn and Grace Vlaun won two events each as East Lyme remained unbeaten with a 98-81 win over Waterford in the ECC. Hahn won the 200 freestyle (2:19.95) and 100 freestyle (1:06.04) and Vlaun won the 200 IM (2:37.74) and 100 breaststroke (1:24.82). Hailey Newton also won an event for East Lyme (5-0, 5-0). Lily Watson won the 50 freestyle (28.75) and 100 butterfly (1:11.79) and was on two winning relay teams for Waterford (3-3, 3-2).
• Robin Zemlo won a pair of individual events to lift Ledyard to a 72-52 win over Lyman Memorial/Windham/Parish Hill in the ECC. Zemlo won the 200 individual medley and 500 freestyle for the Colonels (2-4, 2-3), who also picked up individual wins from Tessa Finnegan (200 free), Kate Truncale (100 butterfly), Emma Cassidy (100 backstroke) and Alexandria Martinez-Garcia (100 breaststroke).
• New London's Mia Santana and Old Lyme's Mya Johnson scored goals as Connecticut college beat Eastern Connecticut State 3-0 in a nonleague game. Marielle McEnaney had two assists and Bella Patino scored a goal for Conn (8-2), which outshot ECSU 16-0.
• Abby McGuire scored in the 64th minute as Coast Guard beat Mount Holyoke 1-0 in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference game. McGuire headed in the ball off a corner kick by Waterford's Claire Hurley. Sara Schollenberger made two saves for the Bears (6-6, 4-0).
• Seth Anderson's header in the sixth minute was the only goal of the game as Coast Guard Academy knocked off Wesleyan 1-0 in a nonconference game. Dakota Harich made nine saves to record his second shutout of the season for the Bears (7-5).
• Connecticut College scored three second-half goals on the way to a 3-1 win over Eastern Connecticut. Matt Butera scored twice and Liam Donelan converted a penalty kick for the Camels (6-1-2). Emmanuel Agyemang scored on a penalty kick for Eastern (10-2).
• Wheeler swept Grasso Tech 25-13, 25-12 and 25-5. Sam Caster had eight aces and seven assists for the Lions (2-8), while Lucy Sullcapuma had five service points, one dig, one kill and one assist for Grasso, and Samarie Delgado had six digs and two kills.
• Mitchell College improved to 8-8 with a 25-17, 25-11, 25-11 win over Albertus Magnus on Monday. Bree Rudolph had seven kills for the Mariners while Cameron Childs added 16 digs and Claire Binfield had 15 assists.