Locations across southeastern Connecticut to host drug takeback events
Multiple public safety agencies on Saturday will host drug takeback events during which people can drop off their unwanted medications, no questions asked.
The events are free and anonymous. Prescription and over-the-counter medications will be accepted.
To drop off your unwanted pills, visit:
- Old Lyme Firehouse, 69 Lyme St., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- New London Police Department, 5 Governor Winthrop Boulevard, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Groton Senior Center, 102 Newtown Road, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Norwich Police Headquarters, 70 Thames St., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Stonington Police Department, 173 S. Broad St., Pawcatuck, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For more information, visit the website of the Drug Enforcement Administration's Diversion Control Division.
Stories that may interest you
A New London man was cited for reckless driving after police say the car he was driving hit a mailbox, flipped and rolled over multiple times early Friday.
A Niantic woman was arrested Saturday after police say she attacked another person with a pair of scissors during a domestic incident.