Medical examiner: Fentanyl to blame in 2 New London deaths
New London — Two men who died in separate incidents this spring had fentanyl in their systems, Chief Medical Examiner Dr. James Gill said this week.
Luis Roman, a 17-year-old found unresponsive in his 46 Linden St. home April 23, died of fentanyl toxicity.
Roman, who worked at Neon Chicken and had competed on the New London High School wrestling team, died at Lawrence + Memorial Hospital.
Lebro Mei, the 36-year-old whose body was found in a parking lot on the former Edgerton School property May 7, died of acute fentanyl and acetylfentanyl intoxication. Acetylfentanyl is an analog of fentanyl, meaning it has a structure similar to the potent opioid.
Gill also released the cause of death for Jonelle Quamme, a 31-year-old found dead March 20 at the Ramada Inn in Groton. Quamme died of acute intoxication from the combined effects of methadone, clonazepam and hydroxyzine. Brand names for the latter two are Klonopin and Vistaril, respectively.
All three deaths were ruled accidental.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES