Five people displaced by Preston house fire
Preston — Five people were displaced after a home caught fire Monday night in Preston, fire officials said.
The fire department responded to the home at 16 Route 164 about 10:30 p.m. after a cooking accident sparked a blaze in the kitchen, according to town Fire Marshal Tom Casey.
Five adults who lived in the home all escaped safely before firefighters arrived. No injuries were reported and firefighters were able to get the blaze under control in less than 10 minutes, Casey said.
The home suffered “fairly extensive damage” and was deemed uninhabitable for the time being, he said.
Stories that may interest you
Cara Finan, 32, of 40 Park Place was charged Tuesday with sale of narcotics in connection with a fatal overdose that occurred in Niantic in September.
A Norwich man faces assault and other charges stemming from a stabbing in a domestic violence incident Tuesday.