Kitchen fire breaks out at New London McDonald's
New London — No one was injured when a fire broke out in the kitchen at the McDonald's restaurant at 406 Coleman St. on Saturday night.
The fire department received a 911 call from McDonald's employees who said a fire had sparked in the kitchen about 8:53 p.m. Upon arrival, firefighters found the fire in a deep fryer and the area behind it. A fire suppression system at the business contained most of the fire and firefighters extinguished what remained, according to the New London Fire Department.
No injuries were reported and the restaurant was operating as normal as of Monday morning.
Stories that may interest you
A Montville man has been sentenced to four years and four months in prison for robbing Eastern Savings Bank at 666 W. Main St. in Norwich in 2019.
A man shot himself in the foot at the Niantic Sportsmen’s Club on Wednesday night, according to police.
A Navy sailor was assaulted at a pizza restaurant in Berlin over the weekend in an attack that was caught on video.
Anthony Todt appeared in court via a video call Wednesday morning.