Firefighters battle mobile home fires in Mystic, Lisbon
On a day when wind chill temperatures dropped well below zero degrees, firefighters battled two blazes that broke out in mobile homes in Lisbon and Mystic.
Four people were displaced from their homes and one person in Mystic suffered minor burn injuries, according to fire officials.
About 8:40 a.m., firefighters responded to 200 Bundy Hill Road in Lisbon and found a fire ripping through a mobile home, according to the Lisbon Fire Department.
Two people who lived in the home were inside at the time of the fire and escaped with no injuries. The mobile home was significantly damaged by the fire and deemed a total loss, the fire department said.
The fire marshal's office was still investigating what sparked the blaze.
About an hour later, at 9:05 a.m., firefighters from the Old Mystic Fire Department responded to a fire at another mobile home at 435 High St., Lot 59, in Mystic.
The fire started in the kitchen while one of the residents was cooking on the stove. The person suffered minor burn injuries and received medical treatment, according to the fire department.
The fire was contained to the kitchen, but smoke damage spread throughout the home, fire officials said.
The American Red Cross said it was assisting two adults from Mystic and two adults from Lisbon following the fires.
Editor's Note: This version corrects the address of the fire in Mystic.
Stories that may interest you
Firefighters battled a two-alarm fire at the Connecticut Waste Processing Materials LLC, or CWPM, transfer station at 45 Fourth St. early Wednesday morning.
Norwich police on Wednesday, with the aid of the U.S. Marshal’s Service, arrested the man suspected in a Feb. 8 home invasion.
Police have issued a Silver Alert for a missing East Lyme woman.