Log In


Reset Password
  • MENU
    Police-Fire Reports
    Friday, August 12, 2022

    Boat mechanic burned in Pawcatuck

    Stonington — A mechanic working on a boat at Norwest Marine on River Road in Pawcatuck suffered third-degree burns to his legs Wednesday afternoon after police and fire officials say a butane torch he was using ignited fumes from a boat's fuel tank. 

    The incident occurred at 1:16 p.m. Police said the man was burned while he was shrink-wrapping electrical wires and he was taken to the hospital.

    The boat was badly damaged in the fire.

    Post your comment

    We encourage respectful comments but reserve the right to delete anything that does not contribute to an engaging dialogue. Help us moderate this thread by flagging comments that violate our guidelines. Read the commenting policy.