H.S. roundup: Bacon girls earn fourth straight shutout with 2-0 ECC Division II win over Ledyard
Colchester — Goalie Elizabeth Glover made seven saves to post her fourth consecutive shutout as Bacon Academy defeated Ledyard 2-0 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls’ soccer match on Wednesday.
Audrey Palmer, assisted by Emily Ferrigno, scored in the 48th minute to give the Bobcats (6-1, 3-1) a 1-0 lead and Alyssa Blanchette headed home a corner kick by Anna LeGault seven minutes later.
Ledyard is 4-2-1, 1-2-1.
In other matches:
• Lyman Memorial took over sole possession of first place in ECC Division IV with a 4-0 victory over St. Bernard in Lebanon. Magda Carpenter scored a pair of goals for the Bulldogs (7-0-1, 3-0), including a penalty kick that gave Lyman the lead in the fourth minute, while Maddie Archer added a goal and two assists, Avery Volle had a goal and an assist and goalie Phoebe Carpenter stopped five shots. Chloe Jennings made 13 saves for the Saints (4-2, 2-1).
• Camryn Dickinson scored three goals, all the result of assists by Bryn Dickinson, as Waterford rolled to a 4-1 victory over Killingly in an ECC Division II match. Adyson Wiseman, assisted by Emilia Podeszwa, opened the scoring for the Lancers (4-2-1, 1-2-1) and goalie Victoria Sturm made six saves.
• Finnella O’Keefe had two goals and an assist to highlight Stonington’s 7-0 win over New London. Carly Constantine added a goal and an assist for the Bears (7-1) while Vanessa Amkhamavong, Ladleigh Hargus, Helena Hoinsky and Adilyn Risley each had a goal. New London is 0-5.
• Plainfield erupted for four goals in the second half to defeat Montville 5-1 in an ECC Division III match. Teagan Caviness, assisted by Nichol Hudson, scored in the first half for Montville (4-3, 3-1) while goalie Katie Myjak made nine saves.
• Portsmouth Abbey rolled to an 8-2 win over the Williams School. Skylar Frost had a goal and an assist for the Blues (2-2-1), Lucy Fader scored a goal and goalie Natalie Boissevain made seven saves.
• Jose Pacheco scored a pair of goals as St. Bernard remained unbeaten with 5-0 non-conference win over Grasso Tech. Luke Brannegan and Ben Syphrett added goals for the Saints (5-0-1) while Samuel Galvis Hamann made nine saves for Grasso (0-5-1).
• Niko Churis scored New London’s goal in a 6-1 non-conference loss to Amistad in New Haven. The Whalers are 0-5.
• Calvin Neff scored his ninth goal of the season in Williams’ 7-1 loss to Portsmouth Abbey. The Blues are 2-4.
• Griswold remained unbeaten with a 25-17, 25-22 and 25-20 win over Bacon Academy in an ECC Division II match. Kuranda Ruggiero had 40 assists, four digs and four aces to lead the Wolverines (6-0, 2-0) while Abby Matheson added 20 kills and five digs, Makayla Neilson seven kills and one block, Gretta Dombkowski eight kills, 10 digs and three aces and Emily Aviles 25 digs. Sammi D’Atri had 10 digs for Bacon (5-4, 1-2) while Grace Gorreck finished with three aces and five kills.
• Arianna Garcia had 19 digs to highlight Lyman Memorial’s 3-0 win over Killingly in an ECC Division II match. Kassidy LaTour added 13 kills, eight assists and four kills for the Bulldogs (7-2, 2-0) while Carlee DeRoehn had seven kills and 13 assists.
• Waterford made quick work of Ledyard 25-19, 25-18 and 25-15 in an ECC Division II match. Marina Colonis had eight kills, 14 digs and five aces for the Lancers (6-3, 2-0) while Lillian Steinhaus added 18 assists, eight digs, three aces and two kills, Emerson Lane nine kills, three blocks and one ace, Mia Petrini seven digs and two kills, and Emma Way nine digs and one ace. Layla Lassisophone had 10 assists for the Colonels (3-5, 0-3) while Megan Tabraham added three aces, Aniya Pearson there blocks, Grace Haydash six kills and Bryleigh Johnson 12 digs.
• Montville outlasted Windham 3-2 in an ECC Division IV match. Game scores were 25-10, 25-18, 22-25, 19-25 and 15-10. Jessica Hochdorfer had nine digs for Montville (3-6, 1-2) while Zoie Farrar had nine kills, seven digs and three aces and Reagan Buscetto had 17 assists, eight kills and six digs.
• Old Lyme lost to East Hampton 26-24, 25-16 and 25-16 in the Shoreline Conference. Quinn Arico had eight kills and 11 digs for the Wildcats (2-5, 2-5) while Peighton Andrews added five kills and 10 digs and Grace Phaneuf finished with 12 assists.
• Plainfield beat New London 25-20, 25-8 and 25-21 in an ECC Division III match. Nalyce Dudley had five kills, two aces, 26 digs, one block and five assists to lead the Whalers (0-7, 0-2) while Kmara Roysted had eight kills and four blocks, Serenity Lancaster two kills, one block, 10 digs and one ace, and Myrna Pratts 14 digs.
Girls’ cross country
• Freshman Chase Gilbert won individual honors in 19:17 as Old Lyme finished first at the Shoreline Conference Small School meet at Hale-Ray. The Wildcats finished with 36 points and Hale-Ray was second with 53 in the five-team meet. Also for Old Lyme, Alexis Antonellis finished fifth, Gesa Vazquez sixth, Grace Ferman was seventh and Alyssa Spooner 17th.
Boys’ cross country
• Old Lyme finished second in the Shoreline Conference Small School meet, losing to host Hale-Ray 29-50 in the five-school meet. Harry Witten led the Wildcats with a fifth-place finished and was followed by Eric Dagher in sixth, George Williams in ninth, Dylan Hovey in 12th and Marco Supersano in 18th.