H.S. soccer roundup: Stonington girls beat Waterford
Waterford -- Maya Terwilliger and Carly Constantine scored in the first seven minutes of the second half to give Stonington a two-goal lead and the Bears held on to beat Waterford, 3-2, Friday in Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls’ soccer action.
The Bears improved to 14-1 overall, 8-0 in Division II.
Terwilliger added two assists and Constantine scored two goals for the Bears.
Allison Cioci and Paige Jessuck had goals for the Lancers (6-7-1, 2-4-1), who nearly scored the equalizer in the game’s final seconds but the Bears cleared the ball out of the danger zone. Adyson Wiseman and Camryn Dickinson each had an assist.
In other games:
• Abbie Belleville scored two goals and goalie Morgan Dube had three saves in East Lyme’s 7-0 shutout of Fitch in ECC Division I action. Serena McCollum, Ava Lombardo, Summer Antonino, JuJu Guarraia and Elise Jorgensen each added a goal for the Vikings (8-5, 3-2). The Falcons are 1-12-1, 0-5.
• Leah Comeroski scored three goals and Magda Carpenter added one in Lyman Memorial’s 4-0 shutout of Wheeler in ECC Division IV action. Avery Volle had two assists and Becca Ziegler had an assist for Lyman (12-1-1, 5-0). Wheeler is 4-8-1, 0-5-1.
• Norwich Free Academy dropped to 6-7-1 overall, 3-2 in ECC Division I with a 2-1 loss to Woodstock. Jordan Fabry scored for the Wildcats. Grace Gelhaus and Gabrielle Couture had goals for the Centaurs. (7-4-2, 4-1).
• Evan Merchant scored two goals to lift Griswold past Montville, 2-1, in ECC Division III action. Goalie Dylan Fryer made 15 saves for the Wolverines (5-6-1, 2-4). Madden Brown scored for Montville (7-5-2, 3-2-1) and Carter Vasington added an assist.
• Luke Celic and Mason Bussman scored for Old Lyme in a 3-2 loss to Morgan in the Shoreline Conference. Anders Silberberg added an assist for the Wildcats (5-5-4, 5-3-2).
• Ben Xenelis accounted for both goals for the Williams School in a 2-1 win over Watkinson School. The Blues improved to 3-8.