H.S. lacrosse: Stonington boys clinch ECC Division II title
Colchester — Cam Elenteny had five goals and two assists as Stonington clinched the Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II boys’ lacrosse championship with a 13-7 win over Bacon Academy on Thursday.
Tyler Simao added three goals and two assists for the Bears (12-1, 8-0) while Ben Massengale added three goals and one assist, Nathan Mahoney had three assists and Will French had a goal and an assist while winning 19 of 23 faceoffs.
Jamison Pirro had three goals and an assist to lead the Bobcats (8-6, 5-2) while Ethan LoVetere and Gavin Emmons had one goal and one assist apiece and Jack Holmes and Ethan Foley each scored a goal.
In other games:
• Jack Keating scored three goals as East Lyme beat Waterford 9-7 in an ECC Division I game. Drew Sager had two goals and an assist, Sawyer Tighe had a goal and four assists, Aiden Patterson had two goals, Gavin White scored a goal, Reagan Pierce had three assists and Spencer Sherman made 10 saves for the Vikings (8-6, 6-1). Jackson Huda had three goals and an assist, Dylan McCarthy made eight saves and Trevor Stringer and Ayden Bousquet each scored twice for Waterford (10-5, 5-3).
• Chris Baukus scored a pair of goals during Montville’s 8-5 loss to Woodstock Academy. Jayden Sherwood, Gavin DeLucia and Charles Taylor each added a goal for Montville (4-8) and goalie Darien Sherwood made 14 saves.
• Will Sluggett scored four goals as St. Bernard/Wheeler beat Ledyard/Griswold 10-0 in an ECC Division II game. Ben Howes had two goals and two assists, Marc Sanchuk scored twice, Noah Courter and Zach Zickman scored goals and Skyler Wilson and Sammy Niles had assists for the Saints (4-8, 3-4). Liam Gervias made 12 saves for Ledyard (0-14, 0-7).
• Lily Tomczik scored eight goals to highlight Montville’s 14-7 win over Fitch. Kylie Spreng and Bella Estelle added to goals apiece for Montville (6-7) while Karissa Hochdorfer had two assists and Paige Terris and Reagan Buscetto each scored a goal.
• Meghan Nagle had five goals and one assist while Dani Bruno finished with four goals and one assist as East Lyme rolled to a 16-3 victory over Waterford. Alanna Benoit and Abbie Belleville finished with two goals apiece for the Vikings (11-1) while Summer Sistare had a goal and three assists and Lily Poletto one goal and one assist. Sadie Tivens scored twice for the Lancers (8-5), Payton Smith had two assists and Marin Mahoney scored a goal.
• Emma Logel scored five goals and Autumn Christian had four goals and an assist as Stonington beat NFA 18-13. Emma Spathakis had three goals and three assists, Shay Burnside scored three goals, Lillian Loughlean scored twice and Nora Walsh had a goal for the Bears (13-0).
Molly Page led NFA (4-8) with seven goals, Lauren Friedrick had four goals and four assists, Hayleigh Young had a goal and two assists and Alexandra Tabilas had a goal.
• Emily Lamparelli scored five goals as Killingly beat Griswold/Norwich Tech 17-7. Selina Metzermacher had three goals and Morgan Blanchard and Illyana Malarkey had two goals each for Killingly.
Emily Aviles had three goals and an assist, Sienna Caron had a goal and three assists, Kaylin Stockwell had two goals and an assist, Neiara Myrick scored a goal and Alexis Emanuele made nine saves for Griswold/Norwich Tech (5-7).