Man gets 30 months for sexually assaulting 14-year-old girl
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. — A Connecticut man who was chased out of a home by a machete-wielding father whose 14-year-old daughter he was sexually assaulting has been sentenced to two and a half years in prison.
The Connecticut Post reported that 24-year-old Andre Joseph of Ansonia told a judge at sentencing Friday he didn't know the girl's age but took responsibility for his actions. He was charged with second-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a child.
Prosecutors say the father woke in the early morning of May 22, 2015, when he heard noises, opened the girl's bedroom door, and saw his daughter being sexually assaulted by two men. The father grabbed a machete and chased the two men, cutting Joseph in the hand.
The girl met the suspects through Facebook. The second suspect awaits sentencing.
Stories that may interest you
The Democratic governor hailed it as a plan that averts a big deficit without raising income tax rates, makes key investments in education, job growth and health care, and promotes long-term fiscal stability.
The University of Connecticut board of trustees on Wednesday unanimously approved a $1.33 billion budget for the university’s Storrs and satellite campuses for next year and a $1.13 billion budget for the Farmington-based health center.
The head of Massachusetts's motor-vehicle agency has stepped down amid criticism that her division should have previously revoked the license of the driver charged in a crash that killed seven motorcyclists in New Hampshire.
The estranged husband of a missing Connecticut mother of five says he loves and misses his children, who remain in his mother-in-law's custody while he faces criminal charges