Man charged with Facebook threat to Puerto Rican festival
NEW HAVEN — A 53-year-old Connecticut man faces a breach of peace charge after police say he posted a threatening comment on Facebook in advance of New Haven's Puerto Rican festival.
Jeffrey Hanson, of Orange, is scheduled to appear in Superior Court on Monday.
The threat was made Wednesday in response to a television station's Facebook post about the festival. The comment, made under the screen name "Jake Wilson," said the festival was an example of why "we need 30 round magazines."
The event was held without incident Saturday on the New Haven green, just after Hanson's arrest was announced.
The FBI says it is continuing to investigate the incident and more charges are possible.
A call seeking comment from Hanson Monday morning went unanswered and later rang to a fax machine.
Stories that may interest you
The port authority's board still has to vote on the agreement.
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker has apologized for using the word “rant” to describe U.S. Rep. Ayanna Pressley's remarks during an event honoring Martin Luther King Jr. Pressley, a Democrat, delivered a speech about inequality and the unfinished fight for civil rights Monday at a...
The Vatican has ordered an investigation of a sexual abuse allegation against a Brooklyn bishop who was previously named by Pope Francis to investigate the church's response to clergy sexual abuse in Buffalo
The longtime fire marshal of Orange, Connecticut has been killed in a motor vehicle crash