Two students hospitalized after ingesting e-cigarette
WESTPORT, Mass. (AP) — Two students had to be hospitalized and one was physically restrained at a Massachusetts high school after police say several students ingested an e-cigarette pen.
Westport Police say they were called to the local high school Friday morning for a report of a student displaying signs of being "under the influence and showing extremely erratic behavior." The Standard-Times reports the student continued to display erratic and violent behavior while being evaluated by medical personnel and had to be restrained and later hospitalized. Another student was also hospitalized and several others were evaluated by the school nurse and paramedics.
Police say high school administrators and the school's resource officer determined several students had ingested an e-cigarette pen that contained a mixture of nicotine and THC, the high-producing ingredient in marijuana.
Stories that may interest you
Several Christopher Columbus statues were vandalized with red paint and messages against the 15th century Italian navigator Monday when the U.S. holiday named for one of the first Europeans to reach the Americas was being celebrated
A judge has ruled that the multimillion dollar lawsuit against Connecticut's prison system and several employees brought by a former inmate who says she was sexually assaulted behind bars can go forward
Members of New England Pentecostal Ministries are finding comfort and fellowship at other churches while theirs remains closed after a shooting during a wedding
Police are investigating two recent incidents of white supremacist vandalism in a Massachusetts town