Connecticut man gets 8 years for role in cocaine scheme
BRIDGEPORT — A Connecticut man who had shipments of cocaine mailed from Puerto Rico to addresses across the Northeast has been sentenced to more than eight years in prison, federal prosecutors said.
Ignacio Bruno, 33, of South Windsor, was also sentenced Thursday in federal court in Bridgeport to four years of probation. He pleaded guilty in September in drug trafficking charges. He was arrested in April 2018.
Bruno coordinated the shipment of cocaine through the U.S. mail from suppliers in Puerto Rico to various addresses in Connecticut and elsewhere, according to court documents.
Bruno paid people to use their residences to receive the drug parcels. Authorities seized several kilograms of cocaine during the investigation.
Bruno's accomplice, Lugo Del Valle, was sentenced last month to five years in prison.
Stories that may interest you
Republican and Democratic voters were expected to rubber-stamp Republican President Donald Trump and former Democratic Vice President Joe Biden in Connecticut’s quiet presidential primary on Tuesday
Renee Coleman-Mitchell, whom Gov. Ned Lamont fired in May, says she was shut out of key policy discussions and dismissed from her job without cause.
The Connecticut Department of Public Health issued its first $1,000 fines on Monday to two individuals who Gov. Ned Lamont said failed to comply with the travel advisory concerning residents who return home from states with high COVID-19 infection rates
A replica of the original Mayflower ship that brought the Pilgrims to America 400 years ago this year is setting out on the final leg of its journey home following extensive renovations