Connecticut boy, 13, dies days after overdosing at school
HARTFORD (AP) — A 13-year-old boy who apparently overdosed on the opioid fentanyl while in school died on Saturday, police said.
The seventh-grade student from the Sports and Medical Science Academy in Hartford had been hospitalized since Thursday morning.
Two other students at the public school were sickened after apparently being exposed to the drug. Both recovered.
Police said the 13-year-old died shortly after 5:30 p.m. Saturday. His name has not been released because of his age.
The case remains under investigation, police said.
Stories that may interest you
Convicted pharmaceutical executive Martin Shkreli has been freed from prison after serving much of a seven-year prison sentence for lying to hedge fund investors and cheating investors in a drug company
Hochul to strengthen gun laws, target online extremism and white supremacy in response to Buffalo mass shooting
Gov. Kathy Hochul unveiled a package of executive orders and legislative actions Wednesday strengthening New York’s gun laws and targeting domestic terrorism in response to the deadly race-based mass shooting at a Buffalo supermarket.
Shelton police on Wednesday arrested a 16-year-old from Milford in the stabbing death of a Fairfield Prep student, described in his obituary as an accomplished athlete and “a wonderfully happy person with a big heart.”