- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Waterford — Seth Hoagland was 3-for-3 with a two-run home run as the Waterford High School baseball team scored four runs in the first inning Thursday and went on to defeat Old Lyme 9-2.
Tommy Pezzolesi was also 3-for-3 with three runs scored and Jordan Hamler 3-for-4 with two RBI and three runs scored for Waterford (7-2). Adam Goss was the winning pitcher.
Slater Gregory was 2-for-3 for Old Lyme (5-5).
In other games:
• Bacon Academy scored twice in the bottom of the seventh inning to beat Stonington 4-3 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division. Bacon pushed across the winning run when Matt Scheidel reached on an infield error with two outs.
Stonington took a 3-2 lead in the top of the seventh when Nate Williams scored on a wild pitch. Max Kelley was 3-for-4 with two doubles and an RBI for Stonington (6-4, 2-2) and Doug Domnarski pitched a compete game with six strikeouts and one walk. Bacon is 7-1 overall, 4-0 in the Medium Division.
• Dominic Walmsley pitched five shutout innings, leading Montville to a 10-0 ECC Medium Division victory over Killingly. Walmsley (3-0) allowed one hit and struck out 10. Lucas Van Hausen was 2-for-3 with two RBI and Brandon Haas and Chad Mooney each scored twice for Montville (6-3, 2-2).
• Isaias Cruz hit a two-run homer to spark a four-run first inning and New London defeated Lyman Memorial 10-2. Cruz also doubled, Jason Edwards had three hits and Gabriel Diaz had a triple for New London (5-4).
• Windham scored three runs in the top of the seventh inning to rally past Ledyard 5-3 in the ECC Medium Division. Chris Turner had an RBI double for the Colonels (5-5, 2-2), who scored all three of their runs in the bottom of the sixth.
• Andrew Fogarty pitched a complete-game five-hitter as St. Bernard defeated East Catholic 7-1. Anthony Malchiodi added two doubles and a single, scored three runs and stole a base for St. Bernard, Aaron Michaud two hits, two RBI, a stolen base and a run scored, Bryan Harper a hit and two RBI and Willie Rios had two hits, two RBI and a stolen base. St. Bernard is 8-2 overall.
• Cole Tretter pitched a four-hitter over six innings in East Lyme's 13-0 victory over Plainfield. Hunter Waido and Dean Beebe had two hits each for the Vikings (7-4) and Tretter improved his record to 3-1.