- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Ledyard - Caitlin Larmann scored five goals Saturday and had an assist, leading the Ledyard High School girls' lacrosse team to a 22-12 win over Norwich Free Academy.
Ericka Jenkins had four goals and two assists, Amber Morth and Michaela Holland each scored four times, Kerrie Gardner had three goals and Colleen Rusk made 10 saves for Ledyard (8-3).
Paige Supples and Megan Gada had three goals and an assist each, Ellie Swanson scored three times and Hannah Long had two goals for NFA (4-6).
In other games:
• Jenny Sieczkiewicz scored four goals to lead Stonington to a 12-9 win over Woodstock Academy. Maya DePasquale had two goals and an assist, Monica Burdick scored twice and Tess Bettencourt made nine saves for Stonington (7-3).
• Madison Cohen scored four goals to help lead East Lyme to a 13-9 win over Brookfield. Kiki Ryan and Erin Fritz had three goals each, Jill Bartlett scored twice and Fritz and Bartlett had three assists each for East Lyme (9-2).
• Sean McMahon scored the last of his five goals with 18 seconds left as Old Lyme defeated Stonington 8-7. The Wildcats are 10-2. Colin Williams tied the game with two minutes left for Stonington (7-4) and Dan Riordan scored twice.
• East Lyme's Mac Brodaski had two goals and an assist, but the Vikings lost to Newtown 8-6. Nick Geary had a goal and an assist and Greg Swenson made 14 saves for East Lyme (8-3).
• James Annello, Seth Hoagland and Jordan Hamler had three hits each, leading Waterford to a 13-0 win over Valley Regional. Jason Dargie (4-1) pitched a two-hitter for the victory. Brian Gencarelli homered and Kyle Willoughby and Annello each had two doubles for Waterford (10-2).
• Plainfield beat Wheeler 5-3 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Small Division game. Troy Stefanski pitched a six-hitter and also drove in a run and Kevin Knowles was 2-for-3 with a run scored for Wheeler (1-11, 1-5).
• Pete Aldrich pitched a one-hitter and St. Bernard blanked Griswold 4-0 in the ECC Small Division. John Malchiodi and Tristan Hurley both hit triples for St. Bernard (8-4, 5-0).
• Dana Aing, Shashwat Kala, Matt Getty and Alan Luner won in singles as Waterford defeated Griswold 7-0 in the ECC Medium Division. Tucker Murphy-Brett Pias, Ben Yao-Benny Dong and James Maryeski-Sean Ryan won in doubles for the Lancers (10-1, 5-0).
• East Lyme beat NFA 7-0 in an ECC Large Division match Friday. Andy King, Suryansh Patel, Hrishi Somayaji and Nicholas Hotary won their singles matches for East Lyme (9-0, 5-0).
• Stonington won the boys' race against Middletown and Glastonbury with a time of 4:22 and finished second in the girls' race. The Bears also won both varsity 2 races and finished second in both varsity 3 races.
Track & field
• John Coleman of Fitch finished second in the 110 high hurdles and placed fourth in the 300 hurdles at the Middletown Invitational. Other Fitch results included McKenzie Umrysz third in the girls' triple jump, Eric Powers coming in fifth in the boys' pole vault, Marquis Guess placing fifth in the boys' high jump and Brandy LeClair coming in sixth in the girls' 3,200.