- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Clinton - Kelsey Armstrong and Liz Nolan scored five goals apiece Friday afternoon as the Fitch High School girls' lacrosse team defeated the Morgan School of Clinton 16-9.
Chloe Taylor finished with three goals and two assists for Fitch (7-5) and Daria McKenna added two goals. Caity Noel and Emma Nolan combined for 13 saves for the Falcons, who led 12-3 at halftime.
• Chad Berry scored four goals and East Lyme defeated Woodstock Academy 17-1 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Liam Williams scored three goals and Nick Geary and Mitchell Andres scored two goals apiece for the Vikings (10-3, 6-0).
• Old Lyme beat Valley Regional 6-1 in a Shoreline Conference match. Morgan White, Dan Kurpaska, Taavi Koiv-Haus and Alex Brault won singles matches for Old Lyme (14-1, 14-1).
• Griswold beat Killingly 4-3 in an ECC Small Division match. Willem Dorff, Frank Rivera and Reuben Garcia won singles matches for Griswold (4-8, 2-4).
• Eric McGee won No. 1 singles and Lyman Memorial defeated Montville 7-0 in the ECC Small Division. Ben Swinehart, Tim Hennessey and Kyle Barrett also won in singles for Lyman (10-5, 6-1). Montville is 2-6, 2-3.
• Jamie MacKillop team with Anthony Gallicchio and Alan Carroll with Chris Manfredi to win first and second doubles, respectively, and Stonington edged Fitch 4-3. The Bears are 6-6. Nick Bonnassieux and Joe Grant won singles matches for Fitch (7-3).
• Josh Powell and Adam Verhoeff won No. 1 doubles in Williams' 6-1 loss to Pomfret.
• Old Lyme lost to Haddam-Killingworth 4-3 in a Shoreline Conference match. Meredith Aird won her singles matches and the doubles teams of Michelle Gao-Hannah O'Brien and Lilly Birk-Mikayla Bellaria also won for Old Lyme (10-4, 10-4).
• Jillian Stephenson and Victoria Majchel won singles matches during Norwich Free Academy's 4-3 loss to Windham. The Wildcats are 3-8.
• Aurora Hooper and Kat Quarticelli won singles matches and Lyman Memorial defeated Montville 5-2 in the ECC Small Division. Lyman is 4-10, 3-5. Montville is 0-8, 0-4.
• Morgan Deschamps won No. 3 singles in Norwich Tech's 5-2 loss to Classical Magnet of Hartford. The Warriors are 5-4.
• Medalist Nick Hedden shot a two-over par 37 in Waterford's 6-1 loss to Woodstock Academy in an ECC Large Division match at Great Neck Country Club. Waterford is 5-6, 3-4.
• Ledyard beat Plainfield 5-2 in an ECC Medium Division match. Mike Martin, Colton Day and Pat Brown won their matches for Ledyard (4-3-1, 4-3-1). Ledyard also defeated Grasso Tech 6-1.
• Medalist Matti Fuller shot a 37 as Old Lyme defeated Coginchaug of Durham 176-179 at Black Hall. Old Lyme is 5-1-1.
• Olivia Carignan shot a 54 and helped NFA defeat Manchester 232-245 at River Ridge. Melissa Godere and Abby Postler each shot a 58 for NFA (7-3).
• Marcus Guerrero went 2-for-2 in Grasso Tech's 15-1 loss to O'Brien Tech of Ansonia. The Eagles are 3-9.
• Dan Chapman pitched a four-hitter and Old Lyme defeated Hyde of New Haven 6-1. Dylan Sheffield had two hits for the Wildcats (9-6).
• Killingly rallied for five runs with two outs in the seventh and beat Stonington 8-6 in the ECC Medium Division. Luke Foster was 2-for-3 with two RBI for the Bears (9-6, 4-3). This was the completion of a protested game by Killingly from earlier this season.