- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- 2015 In Review
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Montville - Cassidy Bundy scored 12 points, had 12 rebounds and blocked 11 shots as the Montville girls' basketball team beat Waterford 54-28 Friday night in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division opener for both teams.
Jamie Hill scored a game-high 18 points and Kiah Strickland had 10 points for Montville (2-0) while Megan Spellman led Waterford (0-2) with eight points.
In other games:
• Norwich Tech jumped out to a 15-5 lead after one quarter and went on to beat Grasso Tech 39-20 in a Constitution State conference game. Kianna Dailey scored 13 points, Tyra Wolchesky had eight points, five steals and five rebounds and Saige Laquitara had six rebounds for Norwich Tech (1-0, 1-0). Keila Rodriguez led Grasso (0-2, 0-1) with nine points.
• Old Lyme beat Hale-Ray 42-34 in a Shoreline Conference game. All seven players who got in the game scored for Old Lyme, led by Hannah O'Brien's nine points. Old Lyme (1-1, 1-1) had 10 steals, 31 rebounds and 11 assists.
• Unbeaten Marianapolis Prep rolled to a 45-22 victory over Williams School. Marion Philippe led the Blues (0-3) with eight points and 11 rebounds, Emily Hamilton and Paola Vangjeli had six points apiece and Kailah Waheed finished with 10 rebounds.
• Olivia DelGrosso tied a program record with 33 points as Ledyard opened its season with a 66-36 win over Bunnell in a nonleague game Thursday. Ariana Fustini had 10 points and eight rebounds and Hannah Hudson scored nine for Ledyard. DelGrosso tied the mark shared by Christine Collela (2008) and Stacy Jewell (1994), according to school officials.
• Sean Murray, Sebastian Meltzer and Zach Jones each scored a goal and had an assist as Connecticut College beat Colby 7-2 in a New England Small College Athletic Conference game.
Dawson Luke, Mike Sinsigalli, J.R. LaPointe and Keith Veronesi also scored and Mike Petchonka made 27 saves for Conn (2-4-1, 1-3-1).
• Gabe Levin scored 12 points and had eight rebounds, leading St. Thomas More to a 69-40 win over Blue Ridge Academy at The Plains, Virginia. Duane Notice scored 11 for St. Thomas More (7-0).
• UConn sophomore goalie Andre Blake was named to the NSCAA All-American team, the 16th time a UConn player made the first team. Blake, a third-team pick last year, has 36 career wins and 26 shutouts.
Senior midfielder Carlos Alvarez and junior forward Mamadou Doudou Diouf were second-team selections.
Alvarez, a second-team pick last season as well, finishes his career in third place with 42 career assists. Diouf scored 15 goals and had two assists this season.
• Eastern Connecticut State senior forward Matt Furman was named to the NSCAA Division III All-New England first team.
The Montville High graduate led the Warriors with 13 goals and 31 points. Senior goalie Jordan Munsell, a Waterford High graduate, made he second team. Munsell had eight shutouts.