- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Scores updated at the end of each quarter. Winner
New London — Ian Converse scored 24 points Friday night and the Woodstock Academy boys' basketball team defeated New London, 60-48, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division game at Conway Gym.
"I'm not totally surprised by this," New London coach Craig Parker said. "We're a relatively young team. But what was disconcerting were the number of 50/50 balls we didn't win. That was the game."
Keith Porter led New London (0-1, 0-1) ith 25 points.
In other games:
• Thomas Whipple had 27 points, eight rebounds and six assists as Ledyard opened its season with a 78-27 win over Killingly in the ECC Medium Division. Darnay Gray had 17 points and Kinsey Desir had 10 for the Colonels (1-0, 1-0).
• Fitch outscored East Lyme 48-24 in the second half and earned a 73-58 win in the ECC Large Division. Aaron Hill scored 24 points for the Falcons (1-1, 1-0) and Marc Evans had 20. Wade McNamara led the Vikings (0-2, 0-1) with 31 points.
• Jackson Donahue scored 22 points and Chris Bovino added 15 as Stonington defeated Montville, 83-65. Tim Ferraro scored 11 for the Bears (2-0, 1-0). Dom Walmsley scored 22 points for Montville (1-1, 0-1) and Nick Clemons scored 18.
• Brian Harper scored 18 points and Phil Jenkins and Remy Bonser had 15 points apiece as St. Bernard defeated Tourtellotte, 59-54, in the ECC Small Division. The Saints are 2-0, 1-0.
• Connor Chicoski had 19 points as Bacon Academy beat Norwich Free Academy, 62-57, in the ECC Large Division . Nick Sturgis had 13 points for Bacon, which made 18 of its 23 free throws. Denzel Lancaster had 15 points for the Wildcats (1-1, 0-1) and Desmond Miller added 13 points.
• Ryan Pambuku scored 26 points as Plainfield rolled to a 68-46 win over Wheeler in the ECC Small Division. Troy Stefanski led the Lions (1-1, 0-1) with 19 points and Jacob Raggon added 18.
• Zachary Kosakowski won the 200 individual medley and was part of the victorious 200 free relay with Adam Opsahl, Ben Bondi and Eric Stirtan as East Lyme defeated New London (123-33) and Norwich Free Academy (104-64) in the ECC. Opsahl (100 backstroke) and Ben Biondi (100 butterfly) also won events for the Vikings (3-0, 2-0). Walker Cook won two individual events (100, 200 freestyle) for NFA, a 128-34 winner over New London. Robert Woodstock won the 100 breaststroke for the Whalers.