Groton holds its second "Dancing with the Stars"
That Groton teacher you know? That business person you see each day? They might be among those kicking up their heels, literally, for the town's second annual "Dancing with the Stars" Friday at Fitch Senior High School.
The event is a fundraiser for the Groton Education Foundation and the Fitch Senior High School Drug- and Alcohol-Free Grad Party.
Among the multitude of dancers:
• Celeste Giommi Duffy, who is deputy mayor of the City of Groton and a teacher at Catherine Kolnaski Magnet School
• Bobby Harris, a City of Groton police officer and Navy vet
• John Espada, who owns Computer Drydock & More and is taking over management of Norm's Diner
• Jeff Kotecki, assistant principal at West Side Middle School
• Pam Porter, assistant principal at S.B. Butler Elementary School
They are all being helped along by teachers from Arthur Murray in Niantic.
- KRISTINA DORSEY
Groton's "Dancing with the Stars," 7 p.m. Friday, Fitch Senior High School, 101 Groton Long Point Road, Groton; $15 adults ($20 at the door); tickets sold at the Groton Senior Center, Sneekers Café and Bank Square Books; Groton students can buy tickets at school, for $10 high school students, $5 middle school or younger.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES