- Make A Difference
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Old Saybrook - Allie Buckley scored three goals and had two assists in Old Lyme High School's 9-4 win over Old Saybrook in a Shoreline Conference girls' lacrosse matchup Wednesday.
Liz Scott and Julia Strycharz each had two goals, while Brooke Tinnerello had a goal and an assist for the Wildcats.
Gabby Rose had two goals and an assist for Old Saybrook.
In other games:
• Maria Theiler scored four goals and added an assist in St. Bernard's 14-8 loss to Mercy. Anne Foley had two goals while Lydia Crawford and Shannon Amarello each had one for the Saints.
• Lili Goldberg scored six goals, leading Williams School to a 16-8 win over Wheeler. Maddy Lahm had four goals, Britta Widham had three assists and Grace Purcell made seven saves for Williams. Jess Muller scored seven goals for Wheeler.
• Waterford didn't lose a set in beating Montville 7-0. Alan Luner (6-1, 6-0), Shashwat Kala (6-3, 6-3), Matt Getty (6-1, 6-1) and Willie Dong (6-1, 6-0) won singles matches for the Lancers ,while Tucker Murphy-Brett Pias (6-0, 6-0), James Maryeski-Sean Ryan (6-1, 6-0) and Craig Zaharek-Matthew Hausman (6-0, 6-1) swept the doubles.
• Stonington swept doubles to rally past St. Bernard 4-3. The duos of Kyle Hagedorn-John Dong, Avish Patel-Savy Meach and Ryan Sealy-Eric Gimple all won in straight sets for the Bears, who also received a singles win from Alan Carroll. Nicholas Zuczek, Chris Renaud and Kevin Teskey each won in singles for the Saints.
• Ledyard beat Killingly 5-2. Zach Higgins, Brian Healy and Anuj Desai won singles matches for Ledyard.
• Josh Powell, Jon Powell, Adam Verhoeff, Appolline Jonckheere and James Burris won singles matches in Williams School's 5-2 win over Gunnery.
• Stonington won all but two of the games in the four singles matches, beating St. Bernard 7-0. Annika Burgess, Chloe Slater, Caroline Kam and Mollie Kam won singles matches for Stonington.
• East Lyme's Joan Li, Sophia Shi, Melinda Li and Julia Sokolovska were straight-set singles winners as the Vikings beat Fitch 6-1 in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Fitch's Emma Nelson and Jingxuan Huang won at No. 1 doubles in three sets 7-6 (6), 0-6, 6-3 while Caroline Costa-Shruti Alavala and Priti Vage-Shivani Dandekar won doubles matches for East Lyme.
• Waterford swept singles play, beating Montville 6-1. Nisha Rajamohan, Lauren Rahr, Lexi Moger and Nora Sullivan won their matches for the Lancers.
• Ben Reed earned medalist honors with a 44, leading Montville past Bacon Academy 5-2 in a match at Chanticlair Golf Course. Paul Hanrahan (52) won at No. 2 for the Indians.