- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Norwich - Pete Aldrich pitched a three-hitter with 13 strikeouts and drove in five runs, leading Fitch to an 11-2 win over Norwich Free Academy in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division baseball game Wednesday at Dodd Stadium.
Aldrich allowed one earned run with two walks and homered. Tristan Hurley was 4-for-4 with two RBI and two runs scored, Aaron Hill (three runs), Jack Porter and Justin Wallace had three hits each for Fitch (7-1, 3-0).
Eddie Gates singled and derove in a run for NFA (3-4, 1-2).
In other games:
• Carl Willis pitched a four-hitter and drove in two runs, leading Grasso Tech to a 12-1 win over University-Classical of Hartford in a Constitution State Conference game. Willis (1-0) struck out five and went 2-for-2. Cass Tedeschi (double, triple), Ed Centeno (three runs, three stolen bases) and Nathan Behr (two RBI) had two hits each for Grasso (3-2, 3-1).
• John Muskatallo drove in two runs with a two-out single in the sixth inning as Portland edged Old Lyme 2-1 in the Shoreline Conference. Trent Garbarti drove in the lone run for the Wildcats (5-2, 4-2) while Mike Mann had three hits, including two doubles.
• Ben Lahm's three-run homer in the sixth inning helped pull Williams within a run and the Blues tied the game in the seventh before falling to Marianapolis Prep 9-7. Parker Douglas had two doubles and two runs for Williams (2-4 overall, 0-1 SENE), Andy Meagher had three hits with an RBI and a run scored and Drew Watson, Nick Smith and Jake Parizo had two hits each.
• St. Thomas More opened its season with a 13-1 loss to Portsmouth Abbey 13-1. Daniel Li had two hits and Jacob Ferraro drove in a run for T-More.
• Joan Li, Sophia Shi and Melinda Li won singles matches for East Lyme in a 5-2 victory over Woodstock Academy in the ECC Large Division. Joan Li defeated Aislin Myers at No. 1 singles, 6-1, 6-0. Caroline Costa and Katherine Wu and Shruti Alavala and Rachel Sullivan won doubles matches for the Vikings (4-1, 3-0).
• Williams beat Moses Brown 6-1. Josh Powell, Sam Buffum, Jon Powell, Adam Verhoeff and Rudy Harvey won singles matches for the Blues and Jenner Foster, Harvey, Powell and Verhoeff teamed up for a pair of wins in doubles.
• Norwich Tech's Alex Valdes took medalist honors as the Warriors beat Hartford Classical 220-235 in a CSC match. Valdes shot a 7-over-par 42 at Keney Park in Hartford. Ackens King shot a 52 for Norwich Tech (2-1, 2-1).
• Charles Maynard scored a pair of goals and Jack Fader had three assists in Williams' 7-3 loss to Bancroft. Xavier Mills also scored for the Blues and goalie Chris Collins made 12 saves.
• Kyle Young had eight assists and five digs in NFA's 3-0 loss to Barlow. Game scores were 25-13, 25-14 and 25-12. Richard Joseph added five kills for the Wildcats (0-3).