High school roundup: Eight-run first inning gives Fitch baseball a lift
Groton - Winning pitcher Tristan Hurley had a three-run double in an eight-run first inning for the Fitch High School baseball team, which beat North Kingstown, R.I., 10-6 Saturday.
Izzy Davila was 3-for-3 with a double, home run and was intentionally walked once for Fitch (8-1). Hurley is 2-0.
In other games:
• Ian Li pitched six strong innings to lead St. Bernard past Masuk, 6-1. Li allowed one run and five hits while James Foti had a single and three RBI and Andrew Fogarty had a single and three RBI for St. Bernard (6-2).
• RHAM beat NFA 19-10. Conner McMahon and Steven Makowicki had three goals each, Logan Morin scored twice and Joey Mitchell had three assists for NFA (1-5).
• Falmouth Academy beat Williams School 7-6 in overtime. Charles Maynard scored four goals, Xavier Mills had a goal and two assists, Jack Fader had two assists and Chris Collins made 18 saves for Williams.
• Old Lyme jumped out to a 10-3 halftime lead and went on to beat Ledyard 19-9. Allie Buckley had eight goals and two assists to lead Old Lyme (4-1). Sloane Sweitzer had four goals, Sammi Beers had two goals and two assists, Fiona Barrett scored twice and Meridith Britton made seven saves for Old Lyme. Michaela Holland, Kerrie Gardner and Ellie Phetteplace each scored twice for Ledyard (1-6).
• Kaitlyn Lajoie pitched a one-hitter for top-ranked Rockville in a 5-0 victory over No. 9 Waterford. Claire Hurley doubled for Waterford's only hit. Tori VanCleave and Megan Spellman combined to allow 11 hits and four earned runs for the Lancers (5-2).
• Luis Crisostomo finished first in the 400 hurdles in 1 minute, 1.54 seconds and third in the 110 hurdles (15.90) to lead Fitch in the Plainfield Panthers Invitational. Tyler Latham placed second in the 110 hurdles (15.24), second in the javelin (161-0) and third in the triple jump (41-3).
Lexus Gordon was second in the triple jump (41-5) and in the long jump (20-4), while Andrew Perez took third in the pole vault (12-6).
In the relays, Chris Bond, Mustapha Noibi, Frank Norosky and Randall Rissing ran a winning time of 45.17 in the 4x100. Lake Wyld, Crisostomo, Chris Bond and Eric Powers won the 4x400 in 3:35.45.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES