- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Ledyard - Chloe Hespeler and Katie Welles each went 2-for-3 and scored two runs as Ledyard High School edged Montville, 6-5, on Monday afternoon.
Hannah Lawrence added a single, two RBI and a run for for the Colonels (6-3) while Katrina Awad had two hits, including a double, and two runs for the Indians (4-5).
In other games:
• Unbeaten Stonington improved to 7-0 with a 10-5 win over Plainfield. Theresa Kane went 2-for-4 and scored twice for the Bears while Katie Headley was 2-for-3 with an RBI and two runs.
• Emily Devito went 3-for-4, with a run, an RBI and two stolen bases as Norwich Free Academy defeated Woodstock Academy, 5-4, in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division. Emily Arico had two hits, a run and an RBI for the Wildcats (4-4, 1-3) and Caitlyn Dubreuil had two hits, including a triple, and scored.
• Alana Luzzio had a double in Fitch's 10-2 loss to Bacon Academy in the ECC Large. The Falcons fell to 5-4, 1-2. Shelby Tallman had three hits and two RBI for the Bobcats (4-4, 2-2).
• Amanda Overton had a two-run home run and triple in Grasso Tech's 23-8 loss to Cheney Tech in the Constitution State Conference. Nicole Teixiera added a single and triple for the Eagles (4-4).
• Ellis Tech scored 10 of its 20 runs in the final two innings and defeated Norwich Tech, 20-14, in the CSC. Taylor Blanchard had four hits and five RBI and Rhiannon Sulik had three hits and three RBI for the Warriors (1-7).