- 2016 Elections
- Special Reports
- Maps & Data
- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
New London - Nick Strecker scored the game's only goal just six minutes into the game as Montville High School edged New London 1-0 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division boys' soccer match on Thursday.
Gabe Diaz assisted for the Indians (4-1, 2-0), who held a 7-6 edge in shots, while goalie Cory Meigs stopped five shots to earn the shutout.
Goalie Josh Vincent made five saves for the Whalers (2-2, 0-2).
In other games:
• Frankie Lee scored late in the second sudden death overtime period to give Norwich Free Academy a 3-2 victory over Bacon Academy in an ECC Large Division game at Dodd Stadium. Tim Paz, who scored the second goal for NFA (4-1, 3-0), assisted on the game winner while Andris Vital scored in the first half for the Wildcats and goalie Seth Strader made 11 saves.
• Connor Murphy scored three goals and Daniel Castelpoggi had a goal and two assists, leading Waterford to a 7-1 win over Plainfield in the ECC Medium. Kevin Zeppieri, Evan Burdesall and Kevin Kim each had a goal while goalie Austin Schwartz made three saves for the Lancers (5-0, 2-0), who also received assists from Yanni Longinidis, John Roberto, Austin Negahban and Colin Shannon.
• Thomas St. Rock, Kyle Gillick and Ethan Murphy scored goals in Stonington's 3-1 win over Killingly in the ECC Medium. Leonardo Aguirre added an assist and goalie Steven Zelepos had five saves for the Bears (5-0-1, 2-0).
• Lyman Memorial made Mitchell Clang's first-half goal stand up in a 1-0 victory over St. Bernard in the ECC Small Division. Goalie Ryan Dillon made 15 saves for the Saints (1-4, 1-2).
• Sophomore setter Mae Sefransky had 12 assists to highlight Fitch's 25-10, 25-8, 25-6 victory over New London. Sophie Clark added six kills and Caroline Taber 16 service points for the Falcons (5-3) while Lexus Childs-Harris had six digs for the Whalers (0-8).
• Sophomore Ashley Dumont had a season-high 11 kills, leading Coast Guard Academy to a 3-0 win over WPI in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference game. Game scores were 25-13, 25-19 and 25-10. Senior Kelsey DePorto added 10 kills, sophomore Maggie Hine had a match-high 27 assists while freshman Rebekah Muller had eight digs for CGA (10-3, 3-1).