- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Stonington — Aaron Schwartz scored two goals as Waterford High School downed Stonington on Tuesday, 4-0, in a battle between two unbeaten and ranked Eastern Connecticut Conference Medium Division boys' soccer teams.
Waterford is ranked third in this week's Class M-S state coaches poll, while Stonington was tied for ninth.
Max Wolfley had a goal and an assist and Connor Murphy also scored for the Lancers (7-0, 4-0).
Also, goalie Austin Schwartz made two saves.
Steven Zelepos had seven saves for the Bears (6-1-1, 3-1).
In other games:
• Lucas Chaude and Josh Handler scored goals as Montville beat Plainfield, 2-0, in the ECC Medium. Gabe Diaz and Nick Strecker had assists for Montville (5-2, 3-1) and Cory Meigs had four saves.
• T.J. Condon scored in the 67th minute as Wheeler defeated St. Bernard, 1-0, in the ECC Small Division. Andrew Swift made four saves for the Lions (5-5, 4-2). Ryan Dillon made six saves for the Saints (2-5, 2-3).
• Sam Pipicelli scored two goals as Bacon Academy beat Ledyard, 4-0, in the ECC Large. Ben McHale and Shane Fors combined for 11 saves for Ledyard (1-7, 0-5).
• Norwich Free Academy and East Lyme played to a scoreless tie in the ECC Large Division. Seth Strader made nine saves for NFA (5-1-1, 4-0-1). Zach Kosakowski made eight saves for East Lyme (3-0-4, 3-0-2).
• Zavier Veliz and Edwin Lobo scored goals in New London's 3-2 loss to Killingly in the ECC Medium. Kiro Wassef added an assist and goalie Josh Vincent had four saves for the Whalers (2-4, 0-4).
• Austin Beaupre and Cameron Hartland scored as Woodstock Academy beat Fitch, 2-0, in the ECC Large. Chase Letterich had eight saves for the Falcons (4-4, 1-4).
• Brody Rubenstein and Mustapha Wadda each scored twice for St. Andrew's (R.I.) in its 5-2 win over St. Thomas More on Monday. Mauricio Chavez and Luiz Dantas scored for T-More and Kory Fortier had five saves.
• Sloane Sweitzer had a goal and two assists as Old Lyme downed Morgan, 5-0, in the Shoreline Conference. Hannah Behringer, Caleigh O'Neil each had a goal and an assist for the Wildcats (3-4-1) and Sam Lee and Julia Strycharz both scored.
• Holy Family/Norwich Tech allowed a goal in each half in a 2-0 loss to Hartford Capital. Goalie Shelby Gauer made eight saves for Holy Family (4-3-1).