H.S. cross country: Ledyard boys edge Fitch 26-29
Ledyard — Zak King (17:53) and Jacob Money (18:10) finished first and second, respectively, as the Ledyard High School boys' cross country team edged Fitch 26-29 in an Eastern Connecticut Division I boys' cross country meet on Tuesday.
Juan Garcia was fifth (19:36) for Ledyard.
Ian Poe finished third (18:35) for the Fitch and Dan Gaiewski was fourth (18:53).
In other meets:
• Stonington finished with seven of the top 10 runners to beat Killingly 23-39 in an ECC Division II meet. Killingly's Shane Bigelow won in 19:35, followed by Stonington's Mark Costanzo (20:19) and A.J. Murko in 20:51. Stonington then took fifth place through ninth behind Daniel Robinson, Cole Spathakis, Andrew Connelly, Christian Montalto and Filip Aubrecht.
• East Lyme cruised to a 15-50 win over New London in an ECC Division I meet at Rocky Neck State Park. Sam Whittaker was the overall winner for the Vikings in 17:52 and was followed by teammates Chris Abbey (18:25), Noah Barnhart (18:59), Eli Montleon (19:40) and Ryan McCauley (19:55). Rashawn Wright finished 11th (20:35) for New London.
• Norwich Tech grabbed the top four spots and beat Prince Tech 20-35 in a Connecticut Technical Conference meet. Cody Kersteter won with a time of 21:27, followed by Nate Turner (21:38), Evan Wagner (21:53) and Kyle Hack (21:54).
• Ellis Tech took the top seven spots en route to 15-50 wins over Grasso Tech and Putnam in a CTC tri-meet. Vincent Rebello won the race in 21:42 and Grasso Tech's Matthew Reigert broke up Ellis Tech's run with an eight-place finish (23:32). Grasso (1-1, 1-1), beat Putnam 15-50.
• Sam Davis won in 19:06 as St. Bernard defeated Wheeler 24-35 in ECC Div. III. Graham McCauley also finished in the top five for the Saints. Michael Carroll and Ethan Smith finished second and third, respectively, for the Lions.
• Christina McCaffrey finished in 21:31 and led St. Bernard to a 17-50 win over Wheeler in ECC Division III. Rachel Kunka and Serena Britner finished in the top three for the Saints. Brittany Riggins, fourth overall, was Wheeler's top finisher.
• Norwich Tech lost to Prince Tech 15-50 in a CTC meet. Syeare Thomas of Norwich Tech was fourth in 33:11.
• Averie Greenley, Jade Dessaint and Ally Tran finished second through fourth, respectively, as Ledyard defeated Fitch 24-34 in ECC Division I. Julia Adrian of Fitch was the winner of the race.
• Claire Mason, Rasa Kirvelevicius and Brie Am Ende all finished in 23:20, leading East Lyme to a 15-50 win over New London in ECC Division I. Alicia Lan and Samantha Lyster finished in the top five for the Vikings. Gilliam Melville was New London's top finisher.
• Stonington took the top three spots in a 15-50 victory over Killingly in an ECC Division II meet. Lily Anderson was first in 21:58, Liz Gray second in 22:33 and Lindsey Orr third in 23:48. Also in the top 10 for the Bears were Kate Reagan (5th), Abby Remmert (6th), Nellie Horvath (7th), Mary Gray (8th) and Krista Jones (9th).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES