H.S. lacrosse: Newton scores four goals as Bacon girls beat Montville 16-6
Colchester — Sarah Newton had four goals and two assists Thursday as the Bacon Academy girls' lacrosse team defeated Montville, 16-6, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II game.
Kaylea McCourt added three goals and two assists for the Bobcats (2-0, 1-0), while Skylar Gustavsen and Joely Stella each had three goals and one assist.
Maddie Gould and Lily Tomczik had two goals apiece for Montville (1-1, 1-1).
In other girls' games:
• Sophia Clang and Maddie Corbiel had four goals apiece and Fitch defeated Woodstock Academy, 20-2, in ECC Division I. Rita Sefransky, Bridget O'Leary and Nora Casey had three goals apiece for the Falcons (3-1, 3-1).
• Rachel Sabbadini had a seven-point game (3 goals, 4 assists) as Stonington rolled to a 16-6 victory over Norwich Free Academy in an ECC Division I game. Ivy Goodman added five goals and one assist for the Bears (3-1, 3-1) while Elle Thompson had four goals and one assist and Carleigh O'Keefe and Katherine Glenn each finished with one goal and two assists. NFA is 1-3, 1-2.
• Maddie McLeod scored six goals as Ledyard defeated Griswold 15-5 in ECC Division II. Maddie Leyko and Helena Robinson had four goals apiece for Ledyard (3-1, 3-0). Hannah Lynn scored twice for Griswold (2-1, 1-1).
• Olivia Toto scored four goals and North Branford defeated Old Lyme, 14-1, in the Shoreline Conference. Caroline Crolius scored for the Wildcats (1-3, 1-3).
• Owen Macadam, Sam Mullaney and Brendan O'Brien had three goals apiece to lead Old Lyme past North Branford, 7-6, in the Shoreline Conference. Dan Stack made seven saves for the Wildcats.
• Matt Valakos, Garisen Wiese and Wes Williamson scored three goals apiece as East Lyme defeated Stonington, 14-9. Ryan Whaley added two goals and two assists fore the Vikings are 4-0. Cam Elenteny scored four goals for the Bears (2-2).
• Robbie Darling had three goals and two assists to lead Williams School to a 12-2 win over St. Andrew's in Barrington, R.I. on Wednesday. JD Delaurentis added three goals for the Blues while Ben Xenelis scored twice, Cody Delaurentis had a goal and two assists, Max Sarwar had a goal and an assist, Cooper Anselmi and Jack Connelly each scored a goal, Sterling Frost had an assist and goalie Colby Potts made five saves.
Stories that may interest you
The Old Lyme boys' tennis team picked up its ninth straight win, beating Cromwell 6-1 on Monday in a Shoreline Conference match.
The New London softball team won its first game of the season, beating Wheeler 12-0 on Monday.