Make a Difference: Catholic Charities
WHO: A family of six.
AGENCY: Catholic Charities, Diocese of Norwich
THEIR SITUATION: The family was displaced due to medical surgeries over the past six months and were without income. After living in their car and trying to find suitable housing, the family finally obtained permanent affordable housing. With their low income, they can barely afford the most basic needs and monthly expenses.
WHAT TO GIVE:
- Father - size 9.5 shoes, 36/33 pants, large shirts
- Mother - size 6.5 shoes, 14 pants, medium shirts
- 14-year-old boy - size 10 shoes, 32/36 pants, medium shirts
- 11-year-old girl - size 4.5 shoes, 14 pants girl, 14/M shirts
- 9-year-old girl- size 3 shoes, 9/10 pants and shirts
- 7-year-old boy- size 7/8 pants and shirts
- curtains for the house and a microwave.
TO DONATE: Drop off or mail donations to: Catholic Charities, Diocese of Norwich, attn: Miriam Rodriguez, 331 Main St., Norwich, CT 06360.
Stories that may interest you
Town council voted Monday night to support Bozrah's grant application to preserve the Glemboski property, 160 acres of land shared by the two towns.
Bill Dutton of Gales Ferry and Lynn Mansel of Bozrah go scuba diving to take photos of fish and look for artifacts off shore from Stonington Point.
The Norwich Community Development Corp. board hired technical firms to design the proposed business park access road and a consultant to seek federal funding.
|More 'Make A Difference' stories|