Make a Difference: Catholic Charities
WHO: A family of six.
AGENCY: Catholic Charities, Diocese of Norwich
THEIR SITUATION: The family was displaced due to medical surgeries over the past six months and were without income. After living in their car and trying to find suitable housing, the family finally obtained permanent affordable housing. With their low income, they can barely afford the most basic needs and monthly expenses.
WHAT TO GIVE:
- Father - size 9.5 shoes, 36/33 pants, large shirts
- Mother - size 6.5 shoes, 14 pants, medium shirts
- 14-year-old boy - size 10 shoes, 32/36 pants, medium shirts
- 11-year-old girl - size 4.5 shoes, 14 pants girl, 14/M shirts
- 9-year-old girl- size 3 shoes, 9/10 pants and shirts
- 7-year-old boy- size 7/8 pants and shirts
- curtains for the house and a microwave.
TO DONATE: Drop off or mail donations to: Catholic Charities, Diocese of Norwich, attn: Miriam Rodriguez, 331 Main St., Norwich, CT 06360.
Stories that may interest you
City's first COVID-19 fatality had recently been admitted to hospital.
We're all trying to deal with the unprecedented experience of so many places being closed and being unable to spend time with people beyond our household.
"Art saved me," Aly said in a recent interview. "Art is part of my identity. It's the first identity I had that didn't have a gender. Being 'The Artist' gave me a place that was mine."
|More 'Make A Difference' stories|