SEAT announces service changes
Southeast Area Transit announced a series of service changes, some already in effect and some that will go into effect Saturday, during the coronavirus pandemic. People are boarding through the rear door on all buses.
• All Sunday service is canceled.
• Route 1 Saturday: No 7 a.m. Norwich departure (effective Saturday).
• Route 1: Service ends at 7:55 p.m.
• Route 1 Weekday: No 6 a.m., 8 a.m., 4 p.m. or 6 p.m. New London departures; no 7 a.m., 3 p.m. or 5 p.m. Norwich departures.
• Route 108 Saturday: Service begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 6 p.m. (effective Saturday).
• Route 108 Weekday: Service ends at 7:55 p.m.
• Route 108: Foxwoods by request.
• Route 15: Service ends at 7:55 p.m.
• Route 7 Saturday: Service starts at 7 a.m. (effective Saturday).
• Route 7: Service ends at 7:55 p.m.
• Route 8 Saturday: Service starts at 7:25 a.m. Service ends at 6:25 p.m. (bus continues to Norwich Transportation Center) (effective Saturday).
• Route 8 Weekday: Service ends at 7:25 p.m. (bus continues to Norwich).
• Route 8: McClugagge Manor - catch bus at driveway/Taylor Hill
• Route 8: No Aspinook/Mathewson
• Route 8: No Indian Ridge (catch bus at Monroe/E. Main)
• Route 9 Saturday: Service starts at 7 a.m. at NTC (no 7:25 a.m. trip from Lisbon). Service ends at 5:55 p.m. at NTC (effective Saturday).
• Route 9 Weekday: Service ends at 6:55 p.m.
SEAT said people should limit trips to essential purposes only, practice social distancing when waiting and riding, and should not ride the bus if they are unwell.
Stories that may interest you
I remember Dr. Clara Hammond McGuigan as a skyscraper of a woman.
Holding signs and chanting "Say his name! George Floyd!", and "I Can't Breathe," residents protested in Norwich and Mystic on Tuesday.
Plan calls for town to have Sound View join three private beach neighborhoods in sending sewage to New London.
The Community First Dinner Program will be held on Wednesdays and Fridays at three sites in town.
|More Coronavirus stories|
|Questions about Coronovirus and COVID-19||Coronavirus simulator|
|Coronavirus closures and cancellations|
All of our stories about the coronavirus are being provided free of charge as a service to the public. You can find all of our stories here.